3ft tank

CjGray

Hello guys,

New to the forum so Hello and thanks in advance from Londn :bounce3:

Just wanted some ideas and views on what to put in my currently empty 3ft tank...

For the tank i want something.... Odd... as in not common or bizarre... but also opinions on general fish you would put in it... it is going up as a show piece in my room im stumped for ideas... accessibility is no where near a problem ( I work for a LFS ).

So! some ideas of fish wise what to go in it :fun2::fun2:

Thanks!

Last edited:

BigBlueTang

Hello guys,

New to the forum so Hello and thanks in advance from Londn :bounce3:

Just wanted some ideas and views on what to put in my currently empty 3ft tank...

I'm no where near a newbie to the hobby... Currently keep a breeding pair of clowns (1 Black 1 Ocellaris) in a 30 litre nano reef. Other tanks include majestic, queen, sweetlips, etc.

But for my 3ft tank that is going up as a show piece in my room im stumped for ideas... accessibility is no where near a problem ( I work for a LFS ).

So! some ideas of fish wise what to go in it :fun2::fun2:

Thanks!

Do you know how many gallons (or liters) your tank is? That would help. If it is a 3ft 40B you have lots of options. No tangs will fit in your tank, or large angels, however all of the gobies, and clowns, and maybe a snowflake eel if you want can all fit in the tank comfortably.

CjGray

Do you know how many gallons (or liters) your tank is? That would help. If it is a 3ft 40B you have lots of options. No tangs will fit in your tank, or large angels, however all of the gobies, and clowns, and maybe a snowflake eel if you want can all fit in the tank comfortably.

3ft x 2Ft x 18 inches.

About 50 gallons, dont really want clowns tbh, slightly.... mainstream aha :lol2:

Thanks

jon99

Maybe a pipefish or seahorse? They can be hard to keep... Snowflake eel would be cool too of you can keep a top on the tank

CjGray

Kept see horses before and theyre not exactly the most interesting haha, but i like the idea of the snow flake...

Anymore ideas guys? i have and 180gallon long so can always be transferred when it out grows this

CjGray

Thank you for the ideas of puffers, agreed they are interesting but im also a big fan of inverts (Sea urchins)

Im sorry for being so picky guys haha! thank you for all the ideas guys keep them coming :love2:

Fish needs to:

Preferably reef safe, not a big deal if it isnt.

Safe with most inverts.

Unique in some way.

Or if it is very unique im happy to make a species only.