40 Breeder in entryway!

Andddddd my tank crashed, 4 fish toast but snails/crabs ok. Watchman goby was on the floor, scopas tang accounted for and 2 clowns prob became crab dinner.

Found them late Tuesday, saw them that morning. Did a water change Monday with my rodi, splash of prime and done as usual. I did pull the cartridge in my penguin 350 and toss it in garbage. Could it have released/spike something? Wasn't that dirty but was going to try and run no carbon pads.

Salinity ok in bucket pre-wc and in tank. Water tests came back good minus a hair of ammonia prob from the decaying fish we didn't notice. Thoughts, fiancé and I are stumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Future tank, scored it for $40
23ff3d0b195ef9764d4eab2662317cd9.jpg

Hi all, me again! I'm starting to think that it was stagnant water in my HOB filter. What are the odds stagnant water/detritus was released when I pulled my dirty filter cartridge poisoned my fish and not snails?

Broke down the tank, kept my extra 36x18 stand though for a future 40B or 65G build.

Also picked up a Proflex sump since dr Foster has 50% off. Figured model 3 may be overkill but everyone says go as big as you can! Lol not bad for $140

b785159facd3d4103325baeb49905fbd.png

Switched to model 1 in case something happens I can pull sump without draining tank. Ran same on a 54 corner.

Back