46 gallon bowfront fishlist

Cheeselady

Bought my self a 46 gallon bowfront for Christmas to upgrage my tiny 10 gallon. Im still fairly new to salt, my 10 gallon is only 5 months old. Its going well but I'll get a lot more enjoyment out of a more sophisticated set up.

I'm very early in the build but trying to plan out my future fish.

I curretly have one oc lownfish and 1 scooter blenny (I'm planning a refugium with the new build to help feeding this guy)
1 cleaner shrimp
4 soft corals and 1 LPS
Various clean up crew

Plan to add to 46 gallon
1 black oc clownfish
1 firefish (maybe?)
1 Royal gramma
At this point I falter, am I full?
I like dottybacks, flame angels and fairy wrasse but im warry of the drawbacks of each.

Thoughts?

Oh and I'm thinking of doing mixed 50/50 mixed dry/live rock from arcreef for the rock with an average depth sand bed does that sound ok?

No not at all I would consider your tank appropriately stocked you might want to look into a Midas blenny as well such a nice fish and the flame angel can be added just add it last and be cautious as they can be hit or miss on being reef safe. If your going with sand I would keep it under 2inches in depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't recommend the Flame Angel for this size tank. Everything else looks ok. Some fairy wrasses require a bigger tank, so please research before buying.

I have an orchid dottyback in a 33 long. Peaceful fish. But I did add it second to last. (Last was a yellow watchman goby.) I also don't keep any fish that clash with its territory. I also have two clowns and a blenny.

Oooh, the midas is a very nice color. But will it conflict with the scooter? It looks like they'll occupy different spaces in the tank but I take pause at mixing fish from the same family.

Really fiver? The orchid dottybacks are absolutely lovely fish but the more I read the more horror stories I find about them being demon murder fish

Oooh, the midas is a very nice color. But will it conflict with the scooter? It looks like they'll occupy different spaces in the tank but I take pause at mixing fish from the same family.

The Midas conflicting with the Scooter, may be hit or miss. I would say no if it was a bigger tank, but in a 46, I will be doubtful about trying it. Just my 2 cents.

I have an orchid dottyback in a 33 long. Peaceful fish. But I did add it second to last. (Last was a yellow watchman goby.) I also don't keep any fish that clash with its territory. I also have two clowns and a blenny.

Gorgeous and less aggressive fish than other dottybacks.

Really fiver? The orchid dottybacks are absolutely lovely fish but the more I read the more horror stories I find about them being demon murder fish

I've had it a few months. No problems so far, and I hope it stays that way. it seems like people generally feel that orchids are the least aggressive dottybacks, and that most do well with other fish. I'm willing to take the risk.

Back