6101 availability

hatfielj

Roger, are the 6101's still not due out until late april? Just curious because I was told they might be out in a couple of weeks? Is this information incorrect? Thanks.

No, the 6300 and 6055 will come out well before the 6101, the 6101 is actually been named the 6130 and it is in the most recent manual revision. It will start to appear likely in July.

Is there somewhere we can get some solid infomation about the 6101/6130? Specs? Size of the pumps compared to 6000/6100, water movement, etc.

The motor is physically identical from the outside absolutely nothing is changed. The only difference is the driver box is gone and the power supply is no longer a big copper torroidal transformer, it is now an off the shelf switchable voltage laptop power supply. It really is not a big change. It is in response to customers requests for simplicity and an effort to help alleviate production delays as these can be made faster. From just looking at the pumps you will see no difference at all.

I was told it will be able to handle the entire range of gph from both the 6000 and 6100, meaning a larger range of gph available in one unit. is this the case?

Yes, it will cost the same a a 6100 but the powersupply is a high wattage generic laptop power supply, the kind that you can switch the output voltage on. When it is set to 15V you will have a 6000, at 24V it is a 6100.

roger-

by chance, do you happen to know the dimensions of the laptop power supply that this pump will use?

It is roughly 6" long and 2" wide and 1" thick. That is by memory as I have not seen one since last April in person.

Back