6105?

phil519

Got Rotifers?
Premium Member
Hi Roger,

looong time no chat. i have an tunze 6105 that stopped running a year or more back. Could you help me figure out if it's the power supply that's the problem or if the pump should be sent to you? Let me know if I should send pics or pm. thanks much!

Phil

Do you by any chance have a voltmeter or another Tunze DC pump that is 24V (any one except 6040, 9001 or 9004DC)? This would be the best way to test the power supply.

well hit me with the stupid stamp. I tried a 9932H power supply and it worked!

So the question is - do I order a new power supply or make do with this?

Unfortunately, I don't know the power supplies by that number, but there should be a Tunze order number, it with be 4 digits decimal 3 digits, 6xxx.xxx. If the power supply is undersized, it will burn out, it has to be the correct wattage for the pump or oversized. A 6105 needs either 6101.240 or 6105.240 (older and obsolete) or 6300.240 (oversize, for 6155 or 6255).

i see it now - the one i tested it with says 6055.250. I'm guessing that is not strong enough.

Yes, that is for 6055 and 6095 and is only 30W capacity, it would eventually burn out on a 6105.

Hey Roger, I'm in the same boat except I don't have a second power supply to try. I tried using a volt meter and I'm not seeing power at the connector. Is there a fuse possibly or is it done?

The power supply does have an internal soldered in fuse, however, it is not meant to be replaced, the power supply is not serviceable and is simply replaced when it fails. The fuse is soldered in and the board is covered by EMF shielding that cannot be removed without damaging the power supply further. Spare power supplies are available, if the output is zero, I would just replace the power supply, 6101.240 is the current part number and is always 24V, it doesn't use the jumpers for voltage setting.

Back