66g RIMLESS Build.

pnavarro170

S.T.A.R.S PRESIDENT
Okay well ive been holding off getting this setup cuz i know im moving sometime this year again, but rather get this going. Gonna keep a simple design to keep it easy to move plus i like the minimalist look better. The scape will be added on to but to make up for biological filtration ill be adding some things to the sump.

Tank 66g Starfire Rimless 32x24x20
Skimmer Octopus bh50
Powerheads 2 Vortech MP10s
Light Maxpect 27" 16k with 120 degree lenses
Return whatever works
Custom Algae Turf Scrubber
Sand tropic eden reef flakes
Rock (who knows)

stock photo
66gallonrimless_zps0bf34e05.png

I already got the tank, this was off ebay. If your looking for these you can check it out there called scaquariums, if your looking for a custom tank and stand and sump..... you can contact steffen in las cruces he builds custom everything really nice.

filling her up, making sure i got my ATS all worked out, needed to be shorter. 40 breeder looking like crap, im convinced sump is the way to go now for sure.

let me know how the Maxspect works.... I've been researching about them, I'm not sure whether to get those or radion whenever I upgrade my tank lights.... those are my 2 options for the moment...

ive had the maxpect for a year now, just changed the lenses though so i wont know how its going to help just yet. If i had a choice i would try Radion pro first, kessil next and actually the orphek atlantik v2 would be the best out there right now. that said i have no problems with my maxpect and fits perfect on my tank so it stays.

thanks guys, huge difference. Mike its a new sump still havent repaired old one. Forgot i had the switch board thing, gonna make turning stuff on and off soooo simple

yeah, im thinking of going skimmerless. with the algae scrubber and some bio filter in the sump should be enough. ALL NATURAAAALLLL

shes alive !!
sdfs_zpsc12db991.jpg

gonna try one more time to make this a very simple design, corals included. maybe try and make this look like a tree even more so.
dfasd_zpsff73aa6d.jpg

thanks guys, and mike did you ever explain why you took ats off ? wasnt on long enough to do real results.

Just a sneak peak, not sure how im gonna place the corals, have alot of the digi sps spread out over the rock right now or should i put the gsp ontop of the rock ? but if i do that then what to do with the digi. lol hmmmmm
atank_zps8f272f7e.jpg

Back