66g RIMLESS Build.

they were abi brand got them off of amazon but they dont seem to be there anymore. actually right now one of them is a reefbreeders unit and the other abi, im seeing if one is better than the other. got another abi in waiting. ill pm you the link.

thanks man, got the biofilter block in. gonna try to go skimmerless for sure. but i have it as backup. the ats screen still isnt ready for a cleaning but its growing.

Huge gsp rock i got, still getting used to the tank.
IMG_4200_zps6ac404e8.jpg

Last edited:
Pedro, you should build another one, but turn it into a build thread, so we can see the way to build one as well as you can explain the benefits... Then you could raffle it off at the next meeting...

thanks guys, im basically just tinkering, my gut feeling tells me corals need nutrient rich systems but obviously not ammonia and high nitrates. The ats does this.

Second i like the minimal scapes but am now convinced that you do need a good biological filtration and the cermedia biofilter is said to have the most surface area of anything out there. Before i would use bigger skimmer with little biological filtration.

Next i see little water changes as a helpful way of keeping your parameters stable, but then you have to test and dose your alk, cal, and mag.

Food wise im also tinkering with amino acids and reef chili for the corals.

Im not sure yet if this is the best way to go, but this is what has made sense to me after everything ive done and researched the last like 4 years.

Good insight... If there was a perfect and right way, I am sure someone would have found it... Seems like we just need to adapt all the knowledge out there to each of our particular systems... Obviously what works for one system will destroy or wreak havoc on another... Keep us posted Pedro... Always interested in learning more, more, and more...

seems like the tank has settled in now, ats starting to get going. still might get rid of sps digi on the rock and put the gsp on top to let it grow over. Still no sand. ill update when any changes happen.

crazy how much the scrubber filters, did basically my second good cleaning yesterday, and fed the tank also before that, so today there is noticable algae on the glass, something that doesnt really happen as much when the scrubber has algae on it. thinking of adding a uv sterilizer just to have crystal clear water but shouldnt affect scrubber.

What size screen are you using and what light did you find worked best... How many gph pump... Thinking or maybe trying this again...
Are you lighting from one side or two... Thanks Pedro...

Last edited:
Back