66g RIMLESS Build.

I have one screen vertically, horizontally is best, my pump is 330 gph which is good flow enough and what is required for a full screen i think. I have one reef breeders fuge par38 light on one side and api par38 on the other, both mostly red leds, with a couple of blue ones. still seeing which one is better if any cuz i have a spare api one.

If i were to recommend an ats definately go red leds, good flow, rough up the screen as much as you can and if your not comfortable not getting rid of your skimmer i would still recommend using it just 6-8hrs a day to see the benefits of extra food for your corals.

I ordered my supplies and have a few things to pick up locally, but I am going to build an upflow algae scrubber... I will let you know how it goes...

Just added some fish, hated having no movement, hope to have a video up in the next day or two since i havent done one yet.

Also ordered a jebao dc6000 for a return pump.

46866101576417720140326_110607_zps6a901015.jpg

Those chromis are a nice splash of color and movement... I have 11 in my tank with the lions... They swim fast and in a group... They are very cool...

thanks guys, heres the video, came out really milky as the auto focus wasnt working, first time i use my new phone also for video so i apologize, water is actually crystal clear :/

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/OppryiSlIJc?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/OppryiSlIJc?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Very cool man, Im going to be putting a scrubber on my 60 cube build. I have a 15g with a crap load of macro algae in it and the hob filter has been super clean evertime I go to clean it. Its basically there for flow lol. I just dropped some sps and shrooms in there that I had extra and they are doing great even under crappy lighting. I can post a video here in a bit, got 2 female rubies in there ;) I am a firm beliver in macro power! Have you tried the upflow scrubbers? I have read up a bit on those as well.

I am going to build an Upflow scrubber shortly... I bought my supplies, just need some time... I will post a build thread to keep you all posted...

cool man, just thought the upflow would create too much salt creep and harder to light. so ill be looking forward to it. Im gonna end up redoing mine to double the flow :)

Hope to get my new design started tomorrow, still debating of just coming directly off the return, or switching pump and design.

Very cool man, Im going to be putting a scrubber on my 60 cube build. I have a 15g with a crap load of macro algae in it and the hob filter has been super clean evertime I go to clean it. Its basically there for flow lol. I just dropped some sps and shrooms in there that I had extra and they are doing great even under crappy lighting. I can post a video here in a bit, got 2 female rubies in there ;) I am a firm beliver in macro power! Have you tried the upflow scrubbers? I have read up a bit on those as well.

Post a vid for sure, macro is great, to me even more when your growing pods. still not a huge fan of upflow scrubbers, but i had thought about making a sheet go into the water and making it an upflow from the bottom and regular from the top. but then it seemed hard to clean everytime.

cool man... what SPS you got there?

Just green digi mostly with some orange and one purple basically frags again. Got rid of alot of green also. Gonna see if it stays in the tank.

Okay cool, got my jebao dc6000 and im actually able to run it 100% which is almost 1500gph, but still need to add durso overflow as its loud how it is. the controlabily and feed mode are awesome, not to mention the slow start up is genius.

so now my backup pump a 700gph odysea is now running my turf scrubber to get some nice flow to that, was able to raise it to get 2-3 inches of more screen out of the water and put a ball valve to turn down the flow as it was too much. seems the ehiem 330gph was not running at 100 percent anymore, just tired i guess. anyways happy with that.

Still running skimmer for the new fish additions, and will do so untill it all is stable and turf scrubber is rockin and rollin more, also ordered sock filters an a holder, plus a cheap UV filter again just to see how it works with ATS. I really want to get the water as crystal clear as i can.

Stay tuned.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/iBho_qfhwf0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/iBho_qfhwf0?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

IMG_20140404_124505_zps671arusp.jpg

Last edited:
Back