66g RIMLESS Build.

K i finally gave in, this is going to be an only gsp species tank, and i gotta tell you it looks amazing in person. there is a big piece that hasnt opened up on the bottom left but it might not be the same type so that ill put for sale when it opens up. also there is a big piece and little pieces on the rock on the right that havent opened up either but i couldnt resist showing you guys the progress. Feels good to finally stick with a plan and execute it !!!
20140623_133350_resized_zps59731eba.jpg

blues still ramp up to 100 percent.

heres a vid !!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EPkJRClyEwM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice tank. I just received one of these , but i got the 80 gallon version. Are you going to add substrate? Also did you use the bulkheads that came with the system?

Good luck with the tank, and looking forward to seeing more pic's.

Very nice tank. I really like minimal rock work and the gsp. It reminds me of those planted freshwater tanks. Can't wait to see the rocks covered in gsp.

Very nice tank. I really like minimal rock work and the gsp. It reminds me of those planted freshwater tanks. Can't wait to see the rocks covered in gsp.

thanks, yeah had some inspiration from that. im trying to mess with using corals as hard scapes, and gsp was the first logical choice

this is actually a couple weeks old, i just added 15 more chromis and the gsp is starting to spread faster. will update soon but this is a great pic. algae scrubber finally filling in after restarting it 3 weeks ago.

66grimlessscaquariums_zps9889afdc.jpg

It's a clean look, very zen. I like the one coral one fish species. I can't remember where online I saw a Duncan/ Bangii tank that looked awesome, marine depot maybe. Anyhow I will say that I hate chromis and gsp wouldn't be top on my list for a species only tank. That's a crapload load of high end equipment for the cheapest livestock in the hobby. People give them both away. I say keep the gsp but get a different fish. Some thing bright to contrast the gsp. Just not dull chromis.

The past 5 months have been a roller coaster on the tank. It was doing beyond well and all of a sudden things started to decline. After a couple months of trying different things. It turned out the new heater was leaking voltage. Well basically almost half the gsp died. So now it's taken a couple months to get back on track and finally looking nice again. But this thing should have been covered in gsp by now.

Was it a Cobalt? And did you have a titanium ground probe? The probe has always been rule of thumb for me but I recently got a shock from my 60g even with a probe, guess what? Probes don't work when the outlet isn't grounded. I'm about to buy a house just so I don't have to deal with stupid landlords anymore lol.

Last edited:
Back