67g Rimless Miracles Build

Damnnation! Your tank is looking good!
Isn't the no3po4x stuff basically a carbon source?
Why not just experiment with vsv or one of them.. Much cheaper with the same results. I don't think it's anything revolutionary.

Hi Matt and Urbs,

Thanks!

Matt, I do think it is just another carbon source and was considering vsv, but I've seen cases of cyano outbreaks with both vodka and vinegar. I haven't heard of these problems with NO3PO4x, unless I'm not looking in the right places. :)

Interesting.. I seem to always hear (read) that people go towards vinegar to reduce cyano breakouts.. But really every system is different. I have no doubt, it will work..

Just noticed that you are using fm reef vitality. Have you been using it for a long time and what differences did you notice when you started using it?

Hey guys,

I've used Reef Vitality for almost a year and recently stopped because I wanted to make tank maintenance more simplified and also because it was a pain to split the dosage amount for my tank everytime. I tried to keep up with it, but I decided to stop.

From what I noticed, it does work especially with making the water super clear and providing my acros with growth spurts. I did also notice that any new acro frag I added, fully encrusted to the rocks within a couple weeks. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being higher, I would rate it a 7 because of the hassle of preparing the necessary dose amounts. Unfortunately, I don't have before and after pictures.

I'm working on my first reef tank video, just doing a little bit of editing. I'll put up the link once it's done and uploaded on YouTube.

Watch in HD.

Man your tank is awesome! Seriously, the video just made me realise how nice your tank is. I love the rockwork and the coral placement. Your coral selection is pretty awesome too.

The ATI LED Powermodule is working really well for you. :)

You should keep the thread updated; you have an awesome tank with great SPS colours; that should be shared. I'm glad I bumped the thread. :)

Thanks folks!

Sahin, I'm glad you posted on this thread, it inspired me to take updated pictures and shoot that video!

Matt, I shot the video with my Nikon D5100.

Thanks folks!

Sahin, I'm glad you posted on this thread, it inspired me to take updated pictures and shoot that video!

Matt, I shot the video with my Nikon D5100.

Its always good to take tank photos and videos...you can look back yourself and see progress/see state of things and compare to your notes.

Can you please confirm your current filtration: GFO/GAC/any other media or filtration? How much water changes?

What are your PO4 and NO3 readings? Thanks.

As of Jan. 2nd the tank is testing at:

S.G. - 1.023
NO3 - 2ppm
PO4 - 0.03mg/L
Ca - 480ppm
Alk - 7.7 DKH
Mg -1300ppm
K - 380ppm

Here's my maintenance schedule:

Weekly:
10gal Water Change with Tropic Marin Sea Salt
Top off 10gal ATO Reservoir
Clean Skimmer Neck

Monthly:
Change out 2 cups of Rowa Phos and 1 cup of Carbon
Refill Supplement bottles, if needed

I have the LEDs peak for 2 hours at 70%, with RB at 100%, B at 75%, Wht at 20%, and Red at 10%. T5 bulbs run at peak for 8 hours.

Kim-jong-un.gif
bBdo8Hm.gif

Last edited:
Back