730g In-Wall Display

I love to see all the components of these large builds. It is pretty educational for a newbie like me. Awesome tank.

Last edited:
How do you get access to your protein skimmer? It looks tuck away behind the plumbing.

Great work on the friends build, and awesome update on yours. Love the group of firefish! OK, the idols aren't bad either :)

How do you get access to your protein skimmer? It looks tuck away behind the plumbing.

It is tucked in the corner pretty tight, and it is a P.I.A. To get it out when necessary, but I did plumb everything that's blocking it with union fittings, so I can simply turn a few valves and spin a few fittings to remove everything that's in the way.

I've only had to gain full access and/or remove it twice so far, and I was really glad that I went to th added expense and trouble of designing everything to have removable sections!

-Tim

Again, I sincerely want to THANK EVERYONE for your very generous comments regarding both builds...

re: Firefish - I'm actually wanting to add at least another dozen of them since they are such beautiful and interesting additions to the reef. :)

Hopefully in the next week or two, I'll be able to add pics of yet a 3rd Monster Tank that I built
this fall... It's an 800g Shark Tank, and a pair of sharks is supposed to be added this week. Being a non-reef, the design was much more simplistic, yet I built "tap ports" into the system, so that as soon as my buddy decides he want's to add a Ca Reactor, Ozone, and more lighting to step it all up, everything necessary to do so is already in place and only requires plugging in a couple of 3/8" feed lines and opening a couple of John Guest valves. He thought I was crazy for building it this way at first, then when he later commented that he wished he had listened to me and gone ahead with plumbing for a full reef since tearing it apart to add it all in was going to be a nightmare, I showed him what I had done so that any additions would literally be matter of 30 second plug-n-play's! ;)

-Tim

Here are more pics I took today of my friend's 1100g system... :)

mini-_DSC1286.JPG

mini-_DSC1287.JPG

mini-_DSC1288.JPG

mini-_DSC1290.JPG

mini-_DSC1291.JPG

mini-_DSC1292.JPG

mini-_DSC1293.JPG

Last edited:
I don't know what's more impressive, the fish room or the a/v room...both look pretty awesome.

You get to the fishroom through the A/V closet... In the 2nd pic up from the bottom, you'll see double doors that allow fishroom access. The primary fishroom door is epoxy sealed for marine use, and is hidden behind a standard door that matches all others in her home.

-Tim

I just had to replace my Octopus FDNW-4000 skimmer due to failed pumps and it being too much of a pain in the butt to have to remove it to install new ones. It was replaced with a Octopus XP8000e cone skimmer that is kicking the octo-quads ***!

Here's a new pic too.. :)

-Tim

424367_3416578412738_1218438313_3504018_2100844843_n.jpg

Back