$800 clam

PotRoast

If any of you have been to Sea of Marvels lately you may have noticed the huge basketball sized clam is gone. There is a big hole in tank where it sat.

Anyways, as the subject states, Hung said he sold it for $800 Damn!

Also while I was there he played with his nurse sharks. He raised them from babies and now they are about 3' long. It was pretty cool. They love him!

Finally, he also had a batch of clown fish (probably not right name but whatever) that were all black/white but with orange faces (that he raised....$125 each!)

He also had some really really tiny cardinal fish that were pretty neat. They are barely detectable to the eye.

That's all I got.

Wow, there is a sucker born every minute.

Can you imagine buying something like that to have it die a week or 2 later.

Hung said the guy that bought it 'REALLY likes clams'

I haven't really been on the lookout for big clams in my life, but I can assure you this clam was the biggest clam I have ever seen, hands down.

In fact, it was so awesome it FINALLY occurred to me what the saying "Happy as a clam" really means. This clam was rocking!

(Obviously I loved that clam.)

Hung told me he'd sell it to me for $1000. Typical of Hung though to have the same thing for sale for $40 for this guy and $90 for another.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13365176#post13365176 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PotRoast
Hung said the guy that bought it 'REALLY likes clams'

LOL. I'm not going to say it, but I know I'm not the only one thinking it... :rollface:

I like Hung, that's why I am always the $40 guy... :D

Any object is worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Obviously someone thought that clam was worth $800. I have a buddy in Davenport that will most likely have to cut the center brace out of his 90 gallon tank to remove a clam he has had for 15 years. I would slap him if he sold it for less than $800 and it is only a deresea (sp?). If the one at hungs had any color to it and a similar size I would say it would be worth a price tag like that. Just not something I would want to spend my money on...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13366709#post13366709 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jbrunken
LOL. I'm not going to say it, but I know I'm not the only one thinking it... :rollface:

You about cost me a keyboard JB... I thought about it for a second, then struggled to keep the water in my mouth as I realized what you meant... :lol:

Yeah I think this was a durasa as well. It wasn't spectacularly colored...it's size was about the only impressive part.

I tend to be a $40 customer as well...but I have noticed his prices always seem higher around the first of the month...and he's a lot more generous towards the middle.

...just like I am. haha

^^^^Hey which Petland'er are you (if you dont mind me asking), I was in there today talking to a mike and jeff about my b/w clown with the parasite:mad2:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13366709#post13366709 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jbrunken
I wasnt going to be the one to say anything hahaa! That clam had some decent color nothing too crazy. Its too bad his basketball+ size lionfish died.

I guess i too am one of the 40$ guys. Im in there a lot, and you have to know how to deal with him(he's an independent business owner). Ask a price think about it then act like youre not interested and he;ll throw you another number:D . he is in the business of making business so he wants to make sales.

I saw that clam a few months ago before it was sold to SOM. The mantle was impressive but, I questioned the health as the intake was abnormally large(relatively speaking, which is usually one of many indicators of failing health).

Whether it sold for $800 or $1000, at either of those prices Hung must have decided to pre-emptively cut his losses.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13374679#post13374679 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmadison
^^^^Hey which Petland'er are you (if you dont mind me asking), I was in there today talking to a mike and jeff about my b/w clown with the parasite:mad2:

I'm Adam...not usually a "fish guy" but I spend more time back there avoiding my own job than I should. Jeff, Andy and I make up the Petland reefnerd club...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13381194#post13381194 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmadison
I think I know who you are, do you have shaggy/short brown/blonde hair?

Yeah, I suppose thats me!

Back