90 Gal. update

Henry Colf

Well here it is.I need to do some work on the sump,getting tiny bubbles in the return.
DSC02402.jpg
[/IMG] This is the front.
DSC02401.jpg
[/IMG] This is the back.
DSC02404.jpg
[/IMG] This is the left side.Thanks for looking.

Very nice! How much flow do you have coming through the penductors (I think that's what they are).

Jer

Thanks Nate yeah I can't wait either.I noticed right away that the polyps are out all the time on the sps now.The lps don't seem to be affected by the flow like I thought they might be.Jer I am not sure exactly how much flow I have coming through the eductors my return pump is a OR6500 which does 1700gph at zero head I think i'm somewhere around 1100 gph.Those eductors were definetly worth the money IMO.Free current with no extra heat added to the tank's temp. and they push some serious water.I like em better than the maxi-mods. they don't make any noise and they always run(no moving parts).I will post some pics of the sump after I get it all dialed in.Thanks for looking and the nice comments.

I don't see any fishes in there yet. Are you planning on any?

It looks like you've got a good number of acros in there. Do you plan to put more species in there, or let the colonies you have grow out and fill the aquarium?

Sorry not to post before, didn't see this thread last time. =) Tank looks good and I'm sure as it all settles in and grows bigger it'll be spectacular.

What kind of lighting are you using? This pics seem dark but I know cameras don't quite capture the lighting too well sometimes... at least mine doesn't. =)

Henry,

Where id you get the penductors, I have toyed with the idea of using them off a closed loop. I know what you mean about the maxi-mods...I like them, I have 3 1200 in my 90 plus my closed loop, would like to find an alternative...By the way , Like your tank set up...real sweet!

Thanks everyone for the kind words I had a little to much drink lastnight when I wrote my last reply.Anyway,right now I have a sialfin tang,coral beauty angel,lmb,engineer goby,and a watchman goby.I am thinking of adding about 4 more fish(schooling type)but haven't decided on any kind yet.The eductors work excellent I have them crossing in about the middle of the tank and I seem to be getting good current eveywhere.The pictures I took are really bad i'll try again in a couple of months after I let the stuff grow out some.I got the eductors at MO john's selling them for 20 ea. which is cheaper than anywhere on line.I think Gary M would agree when I say they are worth the money.No heat exchange,No moving parts to fail,and I get to use less elec. by removing the powerheads and or maxi-mods.Mel i'm running 2 250 20k xm bulbs right now.I may add some 6500k 40 watt bulbs for supplemental lighting not sure yet.Again thanks for the replys.Henry......

henry the sump you sold me works great I just need to get a quieter pump for it the skimmer also works awesome. I love the look of the new tank I can beleive the colors you get out of the mh's only give me ring about those fittings and the hippo I have

Hey Jeff,glad the sump works for ya.I would try a mag5 like I had it was pretty quiet,except when the water level got low and it gurgled.I got the fittings from maplewood hardware across from my house I think I spent 2.80 on the fittings.I got a sock at cf I have to get another one so I can switch them out.I also got rid of the bubbles in the sump after I put the sock in it works great.As far as the hippo goes pm me with a price and i'll get back to you.Thanks,Henry.........

Nice start Henry, Yeah I bought a couple of Maxi-mod kits and they are good when they work but they are failing now that the friction on the plastic surfaces have worn itself down to only going in reverse now.

I'll have to look into a larger pump for my 90 FOWLR and get a couple of those eductors you have.

Ellery, Im running a OR6500 nice and quiet 79.99 at Drs.Foster&Smith.It's meteric as far as the fittings but 1" hose fits perfect.

The tank looks nice. I would love to see how you framed it in the wall. What are the size of the fittings on those educators?

johno4,the eductors are 1/2",the return is 1" and the feed line for the eductors is 3/4".I started another thread before this one that has pictures of the stand and such.I just cut a 48"x 24" rectangle in the wall and framed it in from there with 2"x4" and I used 4" decking nails and 8 steel angle brackets in different corners for added support.

So the feed line is 3/4", thanks. I didnt know if you used any molding around the outside to dress it up. I dont remember from your other thread.

I only used 1"x 1" corner molding on the front to dress up the wall.I still have to enclose the stand but will probably not make it any think fancy(as of right now).

Im sure it looks nice, good work. I plan on an inwall when I move so Im always looking for ideas.

Henry, the pics do not do this tank justice... tank is MINT....
Thanx again for the snails..

Jet

Back