A few general questions

I was thinking of just going down to aqua life for some frags. Last time we were out there they didn't look bad at all.

Be careful. Ive never purchased from there but I thought alot of pieces looked bleached out during that last meeting. Try and stay away from lightly colored pieces and look for flatworms. I haven't found any stores in el paso that don't have them in at least one tank.

Do dip all corals, I have some dip if you need to borrow. I purchased all frags from saltcritters have got nothing but excellent product. Cheapest frags I have seen if you wait till he does free shipping its even better. I do need fish, since our town sucks. lol If you guys ordering anything will def jump in to get some fish.

Just made a order;( but tonight at 10 our time huge sale. Go on saltcritters Facebook. Prob can get free ship or money off...

My reef to yours has free shipping $ 125+. Never ordered from them but heard good things. they have a few nice Galaxias, but no Torch though. I don't know where you would want to get livestock.

Well, after driving through iced over roads for nearly 3 hours and fish tailing across an overpass at 10 mph, I got my coral! A green torch with pink tips, and a frag with a colony of orange zoas and an orange ric.

I also have a ton of cheato if anyone needs some. I didn't know how much Cheato I would get for 10$ until after she bagged it up.

Attachments

• ric_and_zoa.jpg
    ric_and_zoa.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 6
  • torch.jpg
    torch.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
:) they're starting to open up.

Attachments

• ric1.jpg
    ric1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 5
  • torch1.jpg
    torch1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 7
  • zoas1.jpg
    zoas1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 6
Zoas are doing great.

Ric is still discolored on the one side. I pushed him up and he shrunk up, so i put him towards the bottom and he's opened back up.

Torch is still very upset, tried to target mysis and he opened his mouth right up but he's still retracted.

Attachments

• zoas2.jpg
    zoas2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 6
  • ric2.jpg
    ric2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 5
  • torch2.jpg
    torch2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 6
Uhg FINALLY. Went to Aqualife in el paso today, wanted to get some corals. Was unimpressed with their bubble algae and sponges, so I got clowns instead. :)

Attachments

• clowns.jpg
    clowns.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hey it is best to get quality items rather than settling. And don't fret on the coral I would say it was doomed before you got it. All the other heads looked like they had recently died as the skeleton was still pretty white so what ever got to them I would say already did it business on the last head..

): Angelfish is gone, and by gone, I mean he's disappeared entirely, without a trace. Saddest thing that has ever happened to me. He looked fine last night, fat, happy and swimming around like normal.

Only 2 guesses are he jumped and the cat found him and ate him (there's no way our cat could have jumped on the tank and snatched him, he can barely jump 3 feet up and he doesn't have claws)

Or he died and the small CUC I have picked him off before I noticed.

Yea, we found him yesterday on the very bottom under a rock, had to wait all day just for him to float off so i could reach him to scoop him out. Oddly enough, I got him from fish n' phipps, and my fox (who is now incredibly heartbreaking, sitting in the back corner where the angel died all camo'ed up) and pair of clowns I got from Aqualife in Paso.

Back