A few general questions

Green Coralline?

Attachments

• green coralline copy.jpg
    green coralline copy.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 4
While they will eat your coralline algae this is not their main/only diet. They eat a variety of algae. Go to the Asian food store and buy bag of nori(seaweed). Usually they will pick you rock fairly clean then you will have to supplement.

): I don't think the Blenny is going to make it. He was fine up until a few hours ago. Found him laying sideways in the front of the tank, occasionally swimming into the glass.

Yea he definitely starved, it was really apparent. I just didn't think he looked that thin a few days ago. Double tested parameters, Nitrates are a little high, like 20ppm but the other 2 fish are fine. He just died like 5 minutes ago :/

Brine/mysis. I just recently got the Angel to eat pellets (The lo eats everything). Last night I grabbed up the blenny and put it in a bucket with tank water tried to target feed flakes, pellets, mysis and brine. Tried tying some algae to a rock and putting it in with him, but he was just not going to have it.
I've got ocean nutrition prime reef flakes and New life spectrum pellets.

Yup. Foxface is as fat as ever, I'm really surprised he hasn't popped yet. waiting on 2-part doser to be back in stock. Went to buy one the other week and they were out, still out last i checked at BRS.

The actual pump. I only really managed to find 1 on google for like 30$ more (and they were out too). The one I was watching was on BRS.

Am I missing something? Why would you need a dosing pump and 2 part? You plan on having a bunch of sps? Or? If you just trying to keep params stable, salt mix is way cheaper just do water changes. Sorry if I dont remember you having alot of coral. :spin1:

No I don't have any coral, yet. I thought I needed 2-part dosing to keep corals? I wanted to make sure i had enough calc and mag to keep corals before i bought any.

In my experience unless you have a bunch of sps or plan to. Dosing 2 part is a waste. Take my opinion with a grain of salt. But I do water changes every 1-2 weeks. My params are great. I also have 2 sps, and about 34 other corals. Now when they are full grown and not frags I dunno. But get you some buckets of reef crystals or some other good salt. Test and see, im sure you will be good. Unless you get bad salt I have had that happen before.=) What are you planning to start off with?

Don't waste your money. You certainly will not need this for some time. You should be just fine with water changes until you get a lot of corals. A dosing pump can be used for dosing anything not just two part. Use the money for coral or some other equipment.

Back