A great clown story of love

gotoneon

url]

I have had my female Clarki for over three years. I finally finish the big tank with the filtration and lights I felt required to house a Bulble Tip. She never hosted but the BT was looking great months after introduction so I figured it would be around for a long time and it would be worth experimenting to get her to host. I went to the fish store and found the smallest, hansomest clarki and put him through QT. It took me six times of catching him and releasing him befor he notice the BT. Instantly he swam into it and was the happiest little clown. The female would go after him but she obviously was being stung and she would jerk away everytime. The next day was a very different story. When I got home from work she was laying next to the BT and the male was swiming out of the BT and right up next to her. Love was in the tank. It has been several weeks and she will still not host but she hangs out with her boy toy and protects him from other fish. The size variation is extream and I was wondering if others have simular size variation. Also, does anyone know if she will build up her immunity to the BT over time?

How did you get that picture to post like that, I spent 20 minutes playing with it? And thanks for posting it.

Your little Clarkii is not a male quite yet. It has no sex but given some time and it will steadily go into a growth spurt and become a male.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9833924#post9833924 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 55semireef
Your little Clarkii is not a male quite yet. It has no sex but given some time and it will steadily go into a growth spurt and become a male.

How will I know when the tranformation has occured?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9834257#post9834257 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gotoneon
How will I know when the tranformation has occured?
when her fertilizes his first clutch of eggs. :)

Back