A Low Country Reef Tank....one more final upgrade

Great thread start to finish, everything looks great!

RE a FTS - why dont you do a multi-shot panoramic and stitch it together - that way you end up with some great resolution and dont need any new lens

Steve are you not able to get the whole tank in the shot? Let me know I will send you my 10-22mm for you to use.

Any news on this tank?

Corey

Well its been a roller coaster of a ride over the last 3 months. For the last 3 yrs we have had builder related issues with our new home. Last summer they had to replace our hard wood floors because of incorrect installation which caused our floors to pop due to not enough expansion room on the perimeter of the floor. However, when they replaced them last summer they didnt let the new hardwood acclimate at all and the floors immediately cupped and boards began to crack. After 8 months of fighting with the builder they agreed to replace them but said that they would only replace them if they were able to replace all of flooring including the area under my tank. I think they did that figuring I would say no way because it would require me taking down the tank. I had been thinking about making some system changes and this would be a good time and reason to do so.

So I began the task of selling all of my corals and when I was down to literally 3 pieces of sps left in my tank we received a call from the builder saying that they didnt want to do the work themselves anymore and would like to come up with a cash settlement on the work. Well after going back and forth with them for about 5 weeks on what we thought would be an acceptable amount, we finally agreed on a number and settled. I dont know if we will replace the floors again or just ride it out until we cant take the way it looks or decide to move. I did get some of my corals back from a guy that was having problems with his tank but now I am dealing with a cyano issue that is progressively getting worse. I did get lazy with maintenance since the tank was coming down so I have been little water changes every other day (5g) while syphoning detritus and cyano that has built up. Theres definitely never a dull moment in this hobby.

so is the 360 still running then?

That is pretty shi**y on the builders part honestly. You sold all your stuff thinking they would replace the floors and they didn't. Now you have to replace equipment. :(

corey

so is the 360 still running then?

That is pretty shi**y on the builders part honestly. You sold all your stuff thinking they would replace the floors and they didn't. Now you have to replace equipment. :(

corey

I only sold equipment i wasnt going to be using so that wasnt so bad but selling all of my corals sucked.

I saw "Lowcountry" and clicked to check. I rarely see local people on the forums.

Nice tank! Sorry about your recent situation with the builders, but that honestly does not surprise me around here. Just building homes as many as they can it seems.

That really sucks Steve... Sorry to hear about your floors and tank... What a demanding hobby... Always something

I saw "Lowcountry" and clicked to check. I rarely see local people on the forums.

Nice tank! Sorry about your recent situation with the builders, but that honestly does not surprise me around here. Just building homes as many as they can it seems.

yeah not too many people from our area that come on here. they stick to local club facebook group.

I have been baby sitting a bunch of acros for a friend that developed some issues with his tank and rather than see his colonies die he asked if I could hold them for him until he got things figured out. So my tank isnt totally empty and I took some pictures yesterdays. When i got these about 6 weeks they were browned out with no pe at all. Colors are improving daily and PE gets better and better.

This one is mine......

July 30 by steven potter, on Flickr

Foster Corals....

He broke the tank down a while ago and currently does not have a tank. I keep trying to convince him to come back to the hobby.

Back