A small, easy blue fish?

I've never kept one, but the blue assessors I see at my local store always look so cool. They swim upside down, too.

I was kinda in the same boat, wanted some blue but nothing seemed to fit. I ended up buying 5 Blue Chromis and to my surprise I really like them. They look great at night with the blues on and are active swimmers. You just need to quarantine them to ensure you don't get UM.

I was kinda in the same boat, wanted some blue but nothing seemed to fit. I ended up buying 5 Blue Chromis and to my surprise I really like them. They look great at night with the blues on and are active swimmers. You just need to quarantine them to ensure you don't get UM.

Yeah the UM bit scared me. I'm planning to do the whole TTM/Prazipro/Formalin routine, but still. How long have you kept the chromis? tank size?

I've never kept one, but the blue assessors I see at my local store always look so cool. They swim upside down, too.

Assessor macneilli coloration is a bit too dark for my liking. Ideally I want to be able to spot the fish from across the room

Chrysiptera spp damsel. Either C. parasema, C. hemicyanea, or C. springeri. Only get one, and it should be the only damsel, chromis, or (arguably) clown in the tank.

One blue chromis would be fine. The same rules apply.

I like the coloration of hemicyanea better than springeri, but the later suppose to be more peaceful. Hmm

I kept 5 C. hemicyanea for quite some time in a 72x24 footprint. They would quibble amongst themselves but never really seemed to bother anything else. If your looking for something more on the peaceful side then get a trio blue gudgeon dart gobies. They are timid for awhile but are fairly durable once settled in.

I kept 5 C. hemicyanea for quite some time in a 72x24 footprint. They would quibble amongst themselves but never really seemed to bother anything else. If your looking for something more on the peaceful side then get a trio blue gudgeon dart gobies. They are timid for awhile but are fairly durable once settled in.

That goby is skinny. What kind of lid did you use to keep them in?

If going with the saphires.. I would do a trio... this keeps them squabbling amongst themselves and ignoring the other fish... I have 3 in my 120... great fish

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If going with the saphires.. I would do a trio... this keeps them squabbling amongst themselves and ignoring the other fish... I have 3 in my 120... great fish

For trio of damsel. Do you need to sex them a certain way? Or just any 3 will do?

I enjoy my blue reef chromis. Very peaceful and doesn't have the same pruning the school issues of the blue green chromis. Deep blue color

What about a cleaner wrasse, they are easily spotted and interact with the other fish all day long.
Heres mine alongside my pbt

1591fa717e09f86e582ccb460e03ee5f.jpg

For trio of damsel. Do you need to sex them a certain way? Or just any 3 will do?
I did not.. I researched a bunch and it's more about available territory and having other damsels to occupy them..

One damsel gets bored and turns to bothering the other fish..

I have had my trio for about 6 months now and this is the case... they bicker amongst themselves.. but rarely even chase any other fish...

This still only applies to some of the more "chill" ones... I wouldn't drop in a trio of the domino ones for example...

Yeah the UM bit scared me. I'm planning to do the whole TTM/Prazipro/Formalin routine, but still. How long have you kept the chromis? tank size?

I have had three B/G Chromis in my 90 gallon for well over 2 years now. They each sleep in a separate rock structure separated by sand every night. Many report them killing each other off but I have not had that issue. I blame the separate structures that they can claim as territory to keeping aggression down.

I have had three B/G Chromis in my 90 gallon for well over 2 years now. They each sleep in a separate rock structure separated by sand every night. Many report them killing each other off but I have not had that issue. I blame the separate structures that they can claim as territory to keeping aggression down.
I have two b/g chromis that sleep in the same rock structure practically next to each other, and swim together during the day. Never had issues with them. I did have 3, but 1 got stuck in my overflow and ended up pipe surfing. It got quite beat up in the pipe and died.

What about a cleaner wrasse, they are easily spotted and interact with the other fish all day long.
Heres mine alongside my pbt

1591fa717e09f86e582ccb460e03ee5f.jpg

I do want a cleaner wrasse, but I keep on reading about how we shouldn't remove them from the reef since they play fairly critical role to the system's health.

My rock scape will be on the light side as I want a lot of open space. You can see it in my build thread

My First Reef: Redsea 525XL

So hopefully there are enough caves still for territories. I think I'm going to go with a trio of Azures (hemicyanea). I'll add them last so it'll be a while till their turn.

Back