a strange question

tattoooedlex

this has happened a few times over the past week or so. while sittng watching my fish swim@. suddenly from behind the rock comes a(what can only be decribed as) a puff of smoke. it appears to be a slightly milky puff that floats from behind the rock, goes @ the display until it hits a circulation pump then breaks apart and goes into the overflow. that is the only way to describe it 'puff of smoke'. i tried for a pic but no chance. almost looks like a very thin small jellyfish. i tried to check from where it comes from the only thing back there is a snail and the hiding spot of my coral banded shrimp.

like a said, a very strange question
i know with out a pic it is probably impossible to tell, im hoping the cloud of smoke ref. may spark a memory or two
thank you for the help

oh one more thing, i did happen to grab a net and scoop it out, although i say nothing actually in the net i can say that what ever it is did not *** through the mesh , so i am assuming what ever it is it hass some type of solid mass

It could be a fish that kicks up some sand. Since it's behind rocks there probably isn't much flow that hits it, so there is enough debris to make a cloud when stirred up. Another possibility is some invert is spawning back there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

oh one more thing, i did happen to grab a net and scoop it out, although i say nothing actually in the net i can say that what ever it is did not *** through the mesh , so i am assuming what ever it is it hass some type of solid mass

Hmm, probably not debris from the sand then. What kind of inverts do you have? Any clams?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wow never new that fish shed,almost had a heart attack when my coral banded shrimp molted the first time, i thought it gave birth to another dull size shrimp. Then my stupidity subsided,and i realisewhat happened. Thank you for the answers

Back