about that garlic thing?

fish4lyfe

okay so i've been snooping around these forums for days now i keep seeing people talking about how they put garlic in with there fish food. So i was wondering if garlic salt worked, the ingredients are: salt,garlic,calcium silicate(added to make free flowing), and garlic oil.

So would this be safe for the fishes, my guesses are no but worth asking anyways.

Sorry about the double post, had a internet lag spike. just ingore the other one and post on here please!

you dont want garlic salt.....you can mash a clove of fresh garlic and mix it with the food. thats what i do. or you can buy the garlic extract from liveaquaria. Its called Kents Marine. I dont know if its any good but i have seen it on there. Im sure there are other people can chime in and let you know.

The garlic guard is what I use and soak the food in it when feeding. The fish love it and there are many people who say its prevents ich. This is disputable by some however, I had a tang with ich and started feeding my other fish the garlic and thus far they haven't gotten ich and my tang is doing great now. (I know Tangs are prone to it but its cheap insurance if it does prevent ich)

Back