Absolutely Most Significant Bang For The Buck Mod!

KMP

Wag More; Bark Less
still building this tank in the garage :)

reason it did not come in to the house two weeks ago was because of the water noise in the overflow and the sump. i considered the herbie method but didn't want to return coming outside of the tank. stumbled on the hofer gurgle buster mod and i am absolutely amazed! water noise is gone!

cost $6; time to build 10 min. check out the hofer gurgle buster website:

http://home.everestkc.net/jrobertson57268/HGB/HGB_construction.html

Last edited:
Cool Kenny. I may just have to make one of those for my tank. I was thinking of the Durso, but you think this one is better? got an extra for a 1-1/2" drain? :)

if you've got any noise in your sump, ime, a u bend will help greatly, i was using one of the quiter overflow designs(can't remember the name) and still getting a ton of noice until i added a pvc u bend and it all went away.

ok, i've been awol...the gurgle buster; albeit quieter, was gurgling :)

so, after a day of doodling with the tank and listening to the gurgling gurgle buster i pulled the durso back out, made the holes bigger and inserted a second airline further down in the durso. don't ask if it worked - of course it did - that's what kenny p does - makes something great - better :) now all you hear is a very very slight trickle of water.

kevin - hurry up and get home so we can move this thing in the house.

kim - yes, you should do this. don't have an extra but we can do the same thing on a slightly larger scale.

danyal - we have have to meet up one day. kevin and i make regular fish store runs in sac if you ever want to go.

i'd love to come along, i've got a 29g reef that i'm working towards getting filled up. as soon as i find out how much my ticket is going to be and how much my insurance is going up, i should have some money to spare on my tanks, plus i'm getting my first credit card soon, i can't think of a better way to get into debt :)

tanks in the house! will do some pictures when i get water, sand, and scaped.

Back