AC jr. software for web access now available

updated program to 0.95b.

I added a couple of status pages (does not require login).
one in html form suited for minibrowser windows vista gadget.

and one where the status info is rendered into a jpeg image suitable for message board signatures. Reefcentral does not support signature with tag. But you can always add it to your message like one below.

The jpg image is updated once a minute, so you can see the values displayed in the image below are in real time in one minute resolution if you hit your browser refresh after a minute or more.

the program is still all self contained, no need to setup a service on another website to collect data from your controller (like those for AC3), and you can control and monitor your ac jr. from any web enabled phone, not just iphone (like the AC3) :) .

[URL=http://sites.google.com/site/acserial2web][IMG]http://home.syfamily.org:8888/signature.jpg[/URL]

Last edited:
Hey this is cool. I get everything to work locally, but I am unable to control remotely. Not knowing a lot about it I think its an IP issue as my pc is behind a wireless router and has an ip number given from the router, not my ISP. I would like to set up for a signature too.

you need to find out how to setup port forwarding for your router. and better if you can use a dns service like noip or dyndns for your external ip address.

you are all set as far as the software configuration is concerned once you get it to work locally. you can get the signature by using the url http://your_host:8888/signature.jpg (make sure you check the signature option on the config page, it is off by default)

best if you always use the external address for your_host

please email me if you need more help.

Sweet!! It took some time to figure out building a custom service on my router, but once I got it right the signature pops right up. And very fast too!! Its already on my sig line of my local aquarium club site!!

Thanks. :rollface: :rollface: :rollface:

program updated to version 0.96b.

It now works with AC jr. with only temp probe.
added serial port auto dectection.

Looking for AC II users with serial cable connection to their computer. Please pm me to test compatibility of the program with AC II.

thanks.

AC jr. is on the way. Cant wait to use your software. I'm sure I'll have questions. I'll be watching this thread.

p.s. Can I get an Android app?

I just set this up wireless on my aquacontroller II and it is working great as far as being able to get into my controller from online and I think remotely as well as getting e-mail alerts. However I am having an issue with pH fluctuations as you mention might be an issue in the documentation. In one thread on another site I read that the serial ground isolator will not work with the bluetooth serial adapter I am using, the iogearGBS301. Anyone know if this is true and any way around it?

I played around with the serial isolator for a while with the IOGear GBS301 and never was able to get it to work. I tried a number of attempts at jumpering the isolator and never got it where it needed to be. Thought about ordering a different isolator, that supports more RS232 pins, but then just decided to gave up on the Bluetooth, dug up an old laptop I had lying around and hooked that up full time. Now it does the work (using my own custom written software) and it actually worked out better this way for me, the desktop computer I have sucks power and to leave it on day and night for this use wasn't very economical. The laptop I'm using pulls less than 60 watts. It also has a battery backup (laptops have batteries), so when it switches to battery I know the power must be off, so I send an alert for that as well. Because this laptop is very old and not very powerful I'm looking in the future in changing over to a probably a low end netbook that will have the ability to host a remote web cam and a few other things that would be fun, while still running 60 watts or less power.

Does neptune have a SDK available to the public to interface to the device or did you go by it another way?

Does neptune have a SDK available to the public to interface to the device or did you go by it another way?
There's no SDK (or API either).
I believe d0ughb0y did things with good ol' detective work - analysis of the communications between the ACjr & AquaNotes and an AC3 and a web browser. In other words... reverse engineering.

Looks great, I am looking for something like this, is this working OK for everyone. I am surprised there is not more activity in this thread!

Works great. You can even use the new Apex App with this. You can email d0ughb0y if you have any questions. He is also great at helping you with this program as he wrote it.

Back