Acan Help - I’m baffled

64Redsea19

I have been at this hobby for years, but I am truly baffled. Seems like overnight all of my Acans went from inflated to deflated. The rest of my LPS corals look good. Duncan, coral, frogspawn, hammer coral, cactus, coral, pipe, organ, and chalice. I will quickly discuss parameters. Calcium is at 480, alkalinity is at 8, salinity is at 1.026, magnesium, phosphates are in range. No change in lighting or water flow in the last six months. I may be answering my own question. The only thing that is off a little bit is that my nitrates are at zero. Would nitrates being low cause every Acan to suddenly close. PS I feed Reef Roids by spot feeding about every 2 to 3 days. Salt mix is Red Sea Coral Pro.

I'm wondering if it's a reaction to the feeding 🤔
Possibly, I have eight different colonies and everyone of them is closed or barely expanding. The other LPS are expanding as usual, is why am baffled. Note: the Acans are showing the feeding response when lights at off.

Possibly, I have eight different colonies and everyone of them is closed or barely expanding. The other LPS are expanding as usual, is why am baffled. Note: the Acans are showing the feeding response when lights at off.
This hobby can be very confusing 😕 I'm having a tough time with acropora frags and really not sure why.

I was still pondering, I might try running some Cuprisorb thinking maybe heavy metals are present, that I’m not picking up on test.

Back