Acrylic in ABQ

skyfireblaze

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy a couple pieces of acrylic? I'm looking for a three or so pieces 13"x12" in size.

I'd picked some acrylic up about a year or so ago from a place called Plastic Supply (or something like that). I tried to go by their place yesterday to dig through their scrap bin, but it looks like they've either moved or gone out of business. The address I had for them was on Girard St (off Candelaria).

Let me know ...

Thanks.

0.25"

Yeah, they probably do. Of course I'd like to have a true acrylic shop to fall back on just in case. Maybe they'd carry weldon too if I ever got around to doing some real acrylic fabrication and not just making baffles for my sump. :D

I've gotten some acrylic from Mobile Screen and Glass before, though not for a tank. I suggest calling them up to see what thicknesses they carry.

Mobile Screen & Glass Inc
mobilescreenandglass.com
8650 Indian School Rd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112
(505) 294-0542

I just picked up a bunch of 1/4 inch acrylic from Plastic Supply Inc on Candeleria just east of 25. They cut it for me for no charge and were real helpful. Seemed like a good price. I used it to build a sump and it came out nice. They did a good job on the edges. I picked up weldon there too.

I agree with Plastic Supply being a pretty good place. I found their new address this weekend (should have looked them up in the yellow pages and given them a call in the first place).

Regal Piedmont Plastics, Inc.
3455 Princeton NE
Albuquerque, NM 87107
505-884-2651

Regal quoted me on several thicknesses of plexi/acrylic, all 48" x 96":

Line #: 1
Part #: ACR CLR 0.375MGM - 48 x 96
Desc: .375X48X96 CLEAR PLEXIGLAS MGM
Qty: 1 EA
Unit Price: $181.70

Line #: 2
Part #: ACR CLR 0.500MGM - 48 x 96