Add maroon clown again.

Hi there, just one question is there any reason why you cant put pairs in there own tank from the start as it is your removing two clowns at a time hoping they'l pair up correct? so why not pair up one small clown with one big clown in their own tank as the chances of them pairing up will be higher then two the same size also it can take a while for clowns to start breeding as they have to sexually mature so you could be waiting a while before anything happens i have a pair of percs that spawn every 2 weeks and they took about a year to actually start spawning i have two Polymus clowns that i have had for three months i am waiting for them to start spawning it's a waiting game dont expect it to start in a couple of weeks cos it wont happen like that best thing you can do is seperate them in their own tank and wait and see.
I'm sure there's someone on tis site that has had a good success in breeding clowns and maybe they can offer their opinion.

Robert

Hi Chinese DNA.

I think it is a good thing you are trying to breed the clownfish to protect the ones still living in the wild.

I don't know much about Maroon clowns, but I have a breeding pair of ocellaris, they lay eggs about one time each month. Here is the photo, I have had them for nearly six years

37526c3.jpg

Ocellaris and percula clowns are easy to breed, you need a tank 2 feet long, 1 foot wide, 1 foot high, this is minimum size, if bigger is better. They do not need anemone, but is good to give them one, they will be more happy.
Just feed them and keep happy, and they will lay eggs. This is easy. But the hard part is how to feed the baby clownfish when they hatch, because they are very small.
You must feed the baby clownfish on alive rotifers. You have to breed the rotifers yourself, this is why it is hard.

Here is an article how to breed rotifers http://www.reefs.org/library/aquarium_net/0397/0397_5.html

And here is a web site where you can buy alive rotifers for you to breed them https://3kserver7.com/~frank/secure/agora.cgi

here is very good discussion on Reef Central on how to breed rotifers http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=517505

I hope you have good success, Please keep talking on Reef Central to tell us how it is going, and ask more questions :)

fay.

are you an ignorant american that has not traveled or think american culture is the bible?

you dont know his situation. an you make judgements on his views based on his avatar before knowing his situation.

chinese dna. good luck, but i agree , marrons are difficult to breed. hope for your success....

Jimmy- This thing is bad & getting worse.
Best not pull more attention to which country.
Or I need to talk to your brother Brian :)

yes there is a thing that will stand out when you are arguing, that is the conditions is not similar in differefnt country. In our country, china, there are much thing left to be improved, however, we are trying our best to improve this situation. please do not judge from youe view, if you know nothing about the situation, you can only say nothing wrong or right

I think everyone's trying to say the same thing, but some are being a bit too judgemental about it.

Chinese DNA,
What we're trying to point out is that by putting that many clownfish in one tank of that size will cause them to do fight. If they're fighting, they won't breed. You're much better off with one or maybe even two pairs. It's slower, but you'll have much more success.

For the rest of us,
If this guy is on the wrong road, let's help him instead of criticizing him. I think his intentions are good, so don't just tell him that he's doing everything wrong, tell him specifically what's wrong and give suggestions on how to fix it.

Chinese DNA,

Chinese DNA,

Books from Joyce Wilkerson And Dr. Fulton have been very helpful to me. Also read up on different forums here and else where'

I respect what you are try to do, in an environment that available resources are limited. If you can not get the books you needed in your country, I'll send you what you need.
Send me an e-mail(PM button on the top) and let me know.

Not to be discourage by some people here; most people are very helpful in this hobby.

STT

I commened what you are trying to do Chinese DNA but let me add my two cents.

If you are trying to breed maroon clowns you are going in the right direction with the pair in the tank. If you want more pairs for other tanks thats fine but I would not house them in the tank with your pair for these reasons.

1. It will make your exesting pair less comfortible, making them less likely to breed.
2. If one or some or the new clowns have disease you risk giving your healthy pair that disease and killing everything.

Also, if you are trying to pair up the new clowns it will speed up the process if you pair them off. One big, one small. This way it will give multiple pairs the ability to change sexes into one female and one male. In a cage with several this wont happen very fast at all. If you need anymore help send me a PM and I will be more than happy to help you.

David

To everyone
I have to say that I had known marrons is very aggressive. that tens fish are not only belong to me. they were bought by my friend. I took that tank as QT. because I cannot found ten QTs in my home. so I divided the tank into ten chambers. they were all in quarantine, not kept long time in the tank. in the time of quarantine, they would be back to its owner.
I think I have already explained clear. It's all over now. so don't think more of it. we are good friends yet. :beer:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6958179#post6958179 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ã"šÃ‚ºÃƒÆ'ÇÃ"šÃ‚¿
yes there is a thing that will stand out when you are arguing, that is.........only say nothing wrong or right

You must be mad, I let you come here to see if my English grammar is correct. Don't rake up the past.

Some posters need to review the RC User Agreement. Some of the responses were completely out of line and crossed over into personal attacks which will not be tolerated within our community.

Scott
RC Moderator

I'll be there for 2 weeks when the 2008 games show up in China. I'll try and help you out a bit. Good luck with more than one maroon. Had to move my to the mantis tank to stop the fighting.

I can hear it now. All the clown owners gasping for air "not in the same tank with a mantis shrimp!" No worries though, Bug likes fiddler crabs and thats about it. Been a fish with him for months also, could careless.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6965774#post6965774 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by New2This
I'll be there for 2 weeks when the 2008 games show up in China.......

I hope that I can meet you in Beijing :smokin:

try and set up a rack system for the fish. that way you can give every fish the attention that it needs without trying to crowd them. I like to use cheap plastic "sterilite" or rubbermade tubs. I wholly commend what you are trying to do. It is always great when someone tries to further the hobby, escpecially in an area where it is difficult to obtain tank raised specimens. if you have any questions pm me. i have raised maroons in the past and I will be happy to help.

Edited: I suppose this needs to be posted again:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6965397#post6965397 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by traveller7
Some posters need to review the RC User Agreement. Some of the responses were completely out of line and crossed over into personal attacks which will not be tolerated within our community.

Scott
RC Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Back