admission of stupididty

jpslickorocks

Premium Member
Well I can't believe I did this. I started with a 900 gph rio pump that evolust let me borrow to run my skimmer. It ran just fine but it was loud and I knew I had to give it back to him so I ordered a quiet one 4000 to run the skimmer and it barley even pushed water through it. :( Frustrated I called Drs Foster and Smith to see if they would exchange it for a mag 9.5 Not only did they agree to an exchange but they are sending me a return shipping label so I don't have to pay return shipping :D . Well... the 9.5 got here yesterday and I excitedly hooked it up, got it in place, plugged it in and... barely a trickle of water flows throught the skimmer. Now I am mad. :mad2: So I pull out the skimmerand take it apart and wouldn't you know it there is a little hermit crab jammed in the venturi:eek: . Needless to say the skimmer rocks now and I feel like an Idiot:rolleye1: I just though I would amuse you all with my ignorance.:lol:

Jeremy

I'm running a ETSS Evo 500 on a mag 9.5 and it runs great. The red sea *should* work as well or better.

Sorry you feel like a dork. :)

Ed

I did that once with my Kent Nautilus, for about a week I couldnt figure out why I couldnt get any decent skimmate. Sure enough when I took apart everything there was a hermit in the venturi.

:) I had a dear friend who once received a repair bill from a computer technician for a non-feeding tractor printer. It read: "6.00----removal of 8 pound cat from paper tray."

As one new to this lifestyle, I really appreciate these kinds of posts. Makes being 'human' much easier.

Back