Advice on a DIY doser for vodka

Just Jim

My vodka dosing is up to 5ml and I'm currently spreading it across my two tanks and sump all at once. I was thinking about making a doser to spread it out over a little time. I don't dose anything else so need some parts. Anyone make one specifically for vodka?

Why would it being Vodka matter?.. You are simply dosing a set amount of any liquid over a set period of time.. As long as your "liquid" isn't destructive to its "bottle" then its all good.

It doesn't. I just saw a lot of people adding it into their doser which I don't have. Any diy doser will work. Anyone?

Yes any DIY doser will work..

With vodka I like to be the doser though.. One for me.. one for the tank ;)

If votka is more diluted error will be smaller and you can use aqualifter.
For example if you dilute 5 times instead 5ml you should dose 25ml and if error is 1ml instead 20% error you will have 4% error. Only disadvantage is that you must fill bottle more often.

I wonder if you could do this on the seriously cheap side... Just get a pour top for the bottle and then some airline tubing and an adjustable airline valve. Just put the bottle in some kind of holder upside down and attach the airline tubing to the pour spout and crank down the valve to only drip at the 5ml per day rate. That would probably be the hardest part, but then you would have a super cheap vodka doser that would drip 24x7.

Might need to dilute it down to get the drip rate set right.

I'd go with the BRS dosing pumps. I use them for two part. Right now I'm dosing a vinegar and vodka mix through my auto top off but I know exactly how much my auto top off actually puts out. The only reason I haven't put in a third dosing pump for the carbon dosing is because I'm not sure if I am going to stick with it or not. I'm building a turf scrubber so if it works well I'll be scrapping the carbon dosing all together.

Back