Aftermath RIP

Okay guys Question on my 120 gallon, Has a 1500 watt UV, that runs into a 150 phosban reactor running phasban, another 150 reactor running Crabon on a separate pump. Also has Aquamaxx cone 2 skimmer and Red Sea Ozonator. Lasted 11 hours before it killed 3 tangs, Reef Chromis and 2 Clown Fish.

Were my 40 gallon with just a protein skimmer in the garage which had 5 small Clown fish, Engineer Goby, Copperband went 24 hours with nobody dieing?

Your pre-storm / post storm feeding and your biological filtration are probably more important to provide than tank specifications and equipment.

Your not supposed to feed two days before the storm. Also, these minimal rock work aquascapes means your missing alot of biological filtration (i dont know what you have though - not making assumptions).

There's alot to think about with just these two topics. The list of topics can grow and grow and grow when we would try to think why one tank makes it and another doesn't.

If you do have plenty of rock work maybe the system isn't mature enough to handle a blackout. Maybe you already feed minimally so there isn't alot of "live stuff" in the rock to handle the extra bio-requirements.

Maybe the tanks got too hot. Placement in the house can be a big deal.

Maybe there was zero flow and air exchange?

My generator is 5000w connect direct to circuit panel and runs 11 tanks including my 240. Tank lights and all. Refrigerator and 3 other circuits on the panel. Gas lasted one tank about 5 gal about 12 hours

Nice! 5 gallons for 12 hours that's really efficient.

Back