AI Hydra Settings Thread

Right. Will keep an eye on my tank then next week. I will then know if lunar is set up right. Though thinking about setting up location and real weather setting.

How many people use real time weather? I have set mine to Cairns Australia as I live in Oz ( but on the west coast) and it must be fairly cloudy today.

Lights keep ramping up and down a fair amount.

What happens come winter time, lights would always be quite low?

How many people use real time weather? I have set mine to Cairns Australia as I live in Oz ( but on the west coast) and it must be fairly cloudy today.

Lights keep ramping up and down a fair amount.

What happens come winter time, lights would always be quite low?

I do use Realtime Weather but don't use Location Timers so I still have control over my photoperiod. I would think that come winter time your lights would be low only if it was cloudy in the location you specify, but your photoperiod would be shorter if you're using the Location Timers.

I live in Dallas, TX but am from the Philippines, and I have my location set to a beautiful island in the southern part of the country. The weather effects gives me a little taste of home when I see the weather changes manifest in the lights.

While I do agree it's mostly an aesthetic gimmick, seeing my corals open/extend their polyps when the "clouds" go by makes me wonder if the "exercise" is doing them any good. Well, it looks cool anyway. :)

Just got some new corals today i set acclimation to 80% for 2 weeks starting today.. is that long enough? I also got two RBTA rainbow and rose. Corals - montipora frag, torch, hammer right now everything is low level does my lighting seem okay? I want the blues to turn on around 9am - 9pm then total blackness what bout the other colors any help i'm totally new thanks!

i have 3 hydra 26's 72x18x24 tank plan on getting more sps once I figure this out:D

Capture.png

Need a little help! On my 75 I added two 52's to my two regular Hydra's, I thought I could control the two sets of light separately with Director. Do I need to set them up as if they are on a different tank?
Thanks

Need a little help! On my 75 I added two 52's to my two regular Hydra's, I thought I could control the two sets of light separately with Director. Do I need to set them up as if they are on a different tank?
Thanks

Yes, you would have to set them up as if they were on different tanks if you want to control them independently.

my settings 9/13/2014
tempFileForShare.jpg

my settings today
settings103015.png

I stole your settings ramp time i changed to 1 hour though I and put coral acclimation on for 2 weeks you think that is good for a hammer,torch, rbta (2) of them, two monti's? I used regional weather i'm in chicago though I wonder if I should change it to FL :)

Just got some new corals today i set acclimation to 80% for 2 weeks starting today.. is that long enough? I also got two RBTA rainbow and rose. Corals - montipora frag, torch, hammer right now everything is low level does my lighting seem okay? I want the blues to turn on around 9am - 9pm then total blackness what bout the other colors any help i'm totally new thanks!

i have 3 hydra 26's 72x18x24 tank plan on getting more sps once I figure this out:D

Capture.png

Did you have any corals in the tank before you went to C.A. mode? If so i wouldnt make that drastic change to 80% reduction. Also i would recommend reducing your lights every time you get a new coral. Imo its just better to place it in the sandbed , rather than messing all the time with intensities. I place mine towars the frknt of the tank in a frag rack in the sandbed almost. There they get plenty of flow, but the light isn't very strong. Although they do get full light.

Did you have any corals in the tank before you went to C.A. mode? If so i wouldnt make that drastic change to 80% reduction. Also i would recommend reducing your lights every time you get a new coral. Imo its just better to place it in the sandbed , rather than messing all the time with intensities. I place mine towars the frknt of the tank in a frag rack in the sandbed almost. There they get plenty of flow, but the light isn't very strong. Although they do get full light.

No its my first corals ever. Should I turn it off then? I did put small frags of sps up higher my hammer and torch are on sandbed and one rose is medium the other bta is hiding lower in a rock

So I switched from a kessil 360we to the new hydra 26 hd. I set the lights at 60% for b,rb,v and 30% on w,uv,g,r. Everything looked great the first day, now everything is partly open. Are my settings to high?

Try using zibbas settings. I couldn't be happier since i started them. I would start it at 65 % reduction and work my way up like 5% a week or every other week

I do use Realtime Weather but don't use Location Timers so I still have control over my photoperiod. I would think that come winter time your lights would be low only if it was cloudy in the location you specify, but your photoperiod would be shorter if you're using the Location Timers.

I live in Dallas, TX but am from the Philippines, and I have my location set to a beautiful island in the southern part of the country. The weather effects gives me a little taste of home when I see the weather changes manifest in the lights.

While I do agree it's mostly an aesthetic gimmick, seeing my corals open/extend their polyps when the "clouds" go by makes me wonder if the "exercise" is doing them any good. Well, it looks cool anyway. :)
Are you using hydra HD? I am using 26HD and dont see where i can input location for weather effect.

Thanks
no you do not need to set them up as a separate tank. in the layout tab just double click on one of the lights in your layout area then look for the colored dots and change it, then do that for all of the lights you would like to control at the same time as the first one. then go to the control tab on the director and you will see your color groups at the bottom. click on the color and make you light changes as you wish, don't forget to save.

Back