AI Vegas?

60gal reef guy

About to purchase lights for my new build, 125gal reef. Looking at a couple of the new Vegas. My LFS has them on a rimless 150gal and it looks amazing. Anyone have any recommendations,pictures, complaints? Just want to know before I blow the cash.

About to purchase lights for my new build, 125gal reef. Looking at a couple of the new Vegas. My LFS has them on a rimless 150gal and it looks amazing. Anyone have any recommendations,pictures, complaints? Just want to know before I blow the cash.

When you say, about to purchase, does that mean like today, or next few weeks? The Hydra 52's are coming out from AI and they are probably going to be pretty epic. Go check them out at aquaillumination.com. You definitely won't be disappointed with AI as I have learned, but it is kind of a downer to buy something thats obsolete a month later.

It would probably be closer to a month or so. Still working out some kinks in the build. I will def look into the new 52's though thank you.

These are the AI Sols. I will probably do the upgrade kit to upgrade to the 52's after the first of the year. Just another nice thing about AI, they offer upgrades on their equipment rather than being out all that money. I swear I could be a spokesman...haha

IMG_1431_zps3f53e13c.jpg

IMG_1433_zpsc5c9849e.jpg

Yeah I think I have made up my mind. I'm not in a rush though so trying to decide if I just want to buy new or wait for a good deal.

I have the vega color 2 units above my 90. It has taken a while to dial them in but I am getting amazing growth with them. I have dialed them way back but my sps is doing great. I highly recommend the Vegas.

If you want to do the Hydra52, I know a couple of the big online vendors have pre-orders available.

Otherwise, you said you're about a month out from even thinking about getting the tank wet, so I see no reason to be patient and wait for used fixtures to pop up. I've been doing the same (hydras, in my case) and there are plenty showing up for sale everyday.

Where do you find used lights? I'd like to find some.

I'd rather save some money and buy used. I think the 52 will be too much for my tank.

Go onto the AI website, which they have the Vega's currently for sale as reconditioned units.

The price is more than fair and the Vega's are excellent lights.

Randy

Back