Aiptasia / Mojano

aagresti

Does anyone else have Aiptasia or Mojano in their tanks? i have at 4 small, 1/2" to 3/4" sized Aiptasia in my tank. I was thinking of buying that zapper device designed by some guy named PaulB. it's available from saltwater critters for $90 (see link below). would anyone be interested in splitting the cost (maybe 4 people at $25). we could then share amongst members of the club.

http://saltwatercritters.com/inc/sdetail/5594

I kill em using Kalkwasser paste. I take a spoon full of kalk in enough RO water to make a pancake batter consistancy, then aspirate into a syringe (I have them if you need) then inject into the mouth of the Aiptasia /Mojano. I went after them all consistantly and rid my 90g tank of them.

Every once in a while I would find one that may have came in as a hitchhiker, and I'd go after them in the same manner. I won't let them thrive and get out of control.

Cost: pennies.

I kill em using Kalkwasser paste. I take a spoon full of kalk in enough RO water to make a pancake batter consistancy, then aspirate into a syringe (I have them if you need) then inject into the mouth of the Aiptasia /Mojano. I went after them all consistantly and rid my 90g tank of them.

Every once in a while I would find one that may have came in as a hitchhiker, and I'd go after them in the same manner. I won't let them thrive and get out of control.

Cost: pennies.

Im down i have a few big ones in my tank and can never get ride of them.....:uzi::uzi::uzi:

I still have some in my tank. I have used whole bottle of aiptasia x from RED SEA but it is extremely difficult to kill small ones.
Doc I'll be happy to try kalk

I thought I had gotten rid of my aptasia with my pair of Berghia Nudibranches but I was careless and threw in some frags without inspecting and a few popped up this week. Gonna go the kalk route as well and would definitely love a syringe Harry. :)

From now on, no new lr or frag disks go in my tank!

I think Big LA has the electrical zapper thing, bvut if you bring a rock with some mojanos/aiptasia to the meeting I'll bring some syringes and Kalkwasser power and demonstate how i kill em...

Back