Alan's 180g Reef

IMG_7434.jpg

IMG_7491.jpg

FTS Before:
IMG_7449.jpg

FTS After:
I don't think the effect is that dramatic in person, but the pic makes it look really dark at the ends.
IMG_7497.jpg

IMG_7372.jpg

IMG_7374.jpg

IMG_7377.jpg

IMG_7386.jpg

IMG_7398.jpg

IMG_7400.jpg

sounds awsome alan i might have to make a thread of my own. btw do we get to see the fuge/frag and all the cool toys too?

I have a video of that here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZHfPnUJK_I

I just started cycling the 300g stock tank the other day. I ordered 100 lbs. of large pukani rock from BRS and got some great pieces for the display. I'll post pics once I get a little further along.

Very nice! Impressive! Have you finished off the room yet? What are your plans for the front of the tank?
I did finish of the basement family room. Well, errr.... still have the trim to do on the tank :) I have most of the trim, just need to get some filler pieces and actually work on it. If i did it again I think I would leave a little room to make more of a shadow box set back more from the edge. For the fish room, I have it mostly sealed off and isolated from the rest of the storage area with a dedicated exhaust fan.

Alan

Was great seeing the new tank/pool tonight. Have you thought about using Jims moving light rack trick to put light over the whole thing?

Was great seeing the new tank/pool tonight. Have you thought about using Jims moving light rack trick to put light over the whole thing?
It did cross my mind. I'm unsure if I'll have MH, T5, or a combo. It may just be more efficient to run a single 250w MH w/ that Lumenarc reflector, plus I'm curious to see how the Radium lamp compares to the previous ones I've had.

Maybe I'll just get another 300g stock tank and make it a hot tub. That way I have something to relax in while I'm looking at the tank :)
300%20gal%20stock%20tank%20hot%20tub.JPG

This is the first time I've seen the whole build thread, looks like a lot of good planning went into it. I need to get some zoa frags when you get a batch ready to sell, I need tons more to fill the rock work on the 90.

This is the first time I've seen the whole build thread, looks like a lot of good planning went into it. I need to get some zoa frags when you get a batch ready to sell, I need tons more to fill the rock work on the 90.
Sounds good. I'm doing that system revamp now and will need to scrap off lots of zoa frags to clean my rock for reaquascaping. I'll definitely have plenty of frags after that.

Sounds good. I'm doing that system revamp now and will need to scrap off lots of zoa frags to clean my rock for reaquascaping. I'll definitely have plenty of frags after that.

let me know as well, i see a few i dont have that look very nice.:thumbsup:

+1 jim, this is Han fellas, it is amazing you got those small frags to grow and loads of frags from it

Back