Algae issue

It's hard to tell what is going on from the video. The tank looks pretty sterile. Is it a new setup? It may be part of the cycle if it is.

Mexican turbo snails always do well to clean rocks of many algaes. I am not sure what I am seeing in the video besides rocks though. Is there fuzzy white stuff growing on all the rocks? Hard to tell.

do you have any cleanup crew? a few trochus snails will take care of that kind of algae fairly quickly. Since your tank is young, then the next type of algae starts to grow. It'll settle down in time. Short answer, yes, pick up a few snails

Tuxedo urchins are great algae eaters but that includes coralline. Not sure a sea hare would be interested in that type of algae. What will definitely work would be some trochus or astrea snails

It's a new tank. Pretty normal for it to go through stages while the tank matures. Turbo/astrea snails are great algae eaters, but I suspect it will gradually fade away as the tank matures, given that the water quality remains good.

Back