Algae scrubber

I have been in Clifton Park now for 3+ years. Was lucky to find a house I could afford here. Also the move was only 4 miles :)

I'd really like to find a 120 Reef ready. Then I can have a living room display again to enjoy. If anyone see's anything PM me. Thanks

Edit: I have been trying to put my Reef utility bill on a Diet. My next system I'll be cutting back on watts per gallon and using T5's for the 1st time. Sure the growth won't be all that great but at least I can stay in the hobby.

Looking to pickup a 6 bulb Tek setup.

My algae scrubber has been up for 4 months and got my nitrates down from 40-80 to 0. Same for PO4.
PM me for a link to the ultimate scrubber thread.

Hey Bluewater,

is it by chance A....S.......net?

For some reason, even though signed in, I do not have a PM button

Do tou have pics of your AS? Link to pics?

Well, have to say that I am nothing short of totally amazed on how well the scrubber continues to work.

I did change from Vertical to horizonta/ slanted, which meant new screens (I made them out of concrete, actually). It took a couple of weeks again for real growth, but now? Awesome!

Rainer

Will do

Will do

Hey John,

I do have a couple of pics if you look further up the threat, but will try to add some new ones this weekend.

The plates are made out of cement, which, elementary is a great idea and works, but I will have to make new plates with actual indentations in it. I looked at my PingPong table 'carpet protectores' (round plastic with brizzles on the bottom) - i will use these to punch indentations in the new cement plates (while cement is still soft, of course). probably won't get a chance to do that until after the holidays, though.

Current picture

Current picture

Here is an updated picture of the Horizontal Scrubber:

2009-11-21-Horizontal%20scrubber.jpg

Hi Aquagold,

the scrubber is blowing my mind! I have really no algae left - very little and hope a little bit stays forever so I don't have to separately feed the snails :).

Water is clear, no yellowing at all. And, still am only doing 5gal water change every 3 weeks - that's it (75g tank w/ 20g fuge which is really the scrubber)

I was hoping to grow a tone of pods, though, which has not happened. Guess I have to try and seed the tank.

Back