Algae

AdamC00

I do not have a picture at this moment, but I have a very long stringy algae starting to grow off the tops of my rocks. It is brown in color and goes from the tops of my rocks to the water line. Any idea what this is or how to get rid of it? It is the only visible algae in my tank.

Thanks!

Photos attached

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 0
That looks nasty, if it blows off easily and is a snot like texture i would say dino :/ the only reallll way to tell is under a microscope... Radioshack has a 14$ handheld one loll its good to have...

possibly cyano algae. mine is normally more purple, but it gets stringy like that and browns up in some places. My Coral QT gets exactly what yours looks like... interested to see if maybe might be Dino instead.

Boy, that looks like dinoflagellates.

If it is, lights off & cover your tank for 3 days. Change your filter sock daily & NO water changes for a while. That is what worked for me... nasty stuff.

Teradyne

it does not seem to be spreading. just staying in the same 2 spots in my tank. Can i take out the rocks it is growing on to kill it? Any other suggestions?

Back