All i want for x mas ???

pnavarro170

S.T.A.R.S PRESIDENT
since i end up buying myself what i really want every year, this is no different, im thinking of getting myself a vortech mp60. which that along with my mp40 might be way to much in a 90 gallon haha. whats that 11,000 gph of vortech flow !!!!!!, then that takes me to a tank upgrade keeping my current equipment but would make more sense to my girlfriend if i explain it that way. haha

so im wondering what yall think and more importantly is anyone else gonna treat themselves this holiday season ???

Lol! dude I see the method to your madness!

I have wanted a sump for a while and almost had everything in place when I bought a 90 gal tank, but when I Took the tank home and Cleaned it it was full of scratches and had to resell, which led me to my current tank. ahlebik hooked me up with an oveflow so my Christmas present to myself is an octopus nwb 110 skimmer and a 20 gal high sump to complete the set up LOL!

well i see the pattern to your madness and you might need a bigger tank sooner than you think. haha. and i might get rid of my 90 if it comes down to it but this wouldnt be for a couple months. so keep that in mind .

just looked it up jay looks cool for sure, see great product that i didnt know about, keep the wish list coming people !!

Ok ok Pedro. Like my great friend Nacho said, take it eas'e. Ha!

Tunze wavebox. If you have ever seen one in action and how it mimics the oceans movement, you are hooked. Reef Octopus Extreme XS 160 Protein Skimmer. Building a sump and fuge for my little system over Xmas break and need one of these bad boys.

And a very beautiful blonde, brunette, and redhead woman! Lol!

Hans, dude a tunze wavebox on your RSM would be sick! I watched a couple of videos on youtube last night with the nano wave boxes on small tanks. they look kick @ss!

I was also doing price comparisons on the tunze wave box and the vortech wave makers. they are about the same but other than what makes people choose between them?

I don't know why the Tunze's aren't more popular then the Vortechs. They are both about the same price and don't consume as much electricity. I think it comes down how many more applications you can do with the Vor.

Then again, I have seen many tanks with Vortechs and don't use the wave making feature that they come with. They get used as straight power heads. Its like having a very expensive Korallia in your tank!

At least to me for my money, the Tunze is far better deal cause you know what you can do with the wavebox and the features it comes with on the controller. And, it dials in the wave for you without having to mess with the settings on the controller. I just think Tunze did a bad job at marketing their wavebox.

but the tunze would be a the box inside the tank correct? i looked it up before buying my vortech, and it looked like the tunze wave was back and forth or up and down too quickly. but i didnt know it was self adjusting. the thing i like about the vortech is the footprint, and also the adjustability and options, damn near endless. ill use it full force on constant for a few days, then switch it up to different modes here and there for a few days then waves for a few, just to switch it up for everyone. thats what i love about it. plus you can move it around easily, wirelessly connect others too it. list goes on and on. dont think it was great marketing, just awesome product compared to a tunze imo. but your right deehz they actually should make vortechs without the controller at half the price, i would have bought that, haha.

Lol! dude I see the method to your madness!

I have wanted a sump for a while and almost had everything in place when I bought a 90 gal tank, but when I Took the tank home and Cleaned it it was full of scratches and had to resell, which led me to my current tank. ahlebik hooked me up with an oveflow so my Christmas present to myself is an octopus nwb 110 skimmer and a 20 gal high sump to complete the set up LOL!

well I already installed my christmas persent and there is still plenty of time till christmas. now I want a purple tang to complete my fish list. I am also bidding on some Softball bats LOL! What other stuff do you guys want for Christmas that more than likely you will end up buying for yourself?

Oh yeah I forgot, well I built this for a presentation @ school and now that I have it I might just buy the pump and make the box for it.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1411393

Back