All my zoa's closed up

plateboy3293

I have a button colony in one of my reefs and they suddenly closed up. They have been closed for about 3 weeks. Water quality is 100% okay and the nitrates are at 0. I have a plate, frogspawn,waving hand, and a maxima. The clean up crew is 3 blue tip, 3 red tip,and 3 orange tip. The tank also has 3 asterea conehead snalis and 20 brittle stars that were on the zoa's when I bought them. The zoa's were fine when I bought them but now I think their dead.:confused:

Is your heater working ok. Zoas close up alot when exposed to colder water then there normal conditions. Also is the frogspawns current going to the zoanthids colony? That could also be a problem. Could also be just lighting and flow. Also smell them and if they reek then they are dying and you will have to dump the dead ones so they dont pollute your tank. If they dont have a bad smell then they just dont like where they are or water parm.

-Matt

The zoa's are next to a short tentacle plate. The plate is next to a clam and they are all on the sand bed including the waving hand on the other side of the zoa's. The frogspawn is on a higher level and can not reach the zoa's. I put a piece of plastic to seperate the zoa's from the plate. I can not post pics because I'm on vacation.

is this the only colony of zoos you have?
also if you think that you have nudis then you can run them under warm tapwater to kill the nudis. that is what i do before i put them in my tank. never had a problem with nudis.

I put the zoa's through an iodine rinse and a couple peppermint shrimp babies died and copepods no nudi's. This is my only zoa's. The heater is brand new and working fine with the temperature at 82-84 each day. When I Brought them home I also did the iodine rinse. The frogspawn is about 3 in away so is the plate. I have been trying to post pics to a friend to see if I could post pics but it has not been sucessful.

I moved the waving hand over because they were getting very close to the zoa's but not touching. So now the clam is next to the zoa's.

The hermits are leaving because of their mureder of the shrimp so now the red tips won's be climbing over the corals.

what is your salinity at, and what are you using to measure it? if it's even slightly high, zoos will be the first to show it

Back