am i crazy?

timdam

being a noobie, i was just wondering if anyone out there has ever been alone in the room with their fishes, and then noticed that they were talking to their fish! i mean, like a "hey fishy fishy wishy!" or a "hey puffy wuffy"..... no? oh, me neither.

All my fish have names and I talk to them whenever I'm feeding or cleaning tanks. IMO it's no different than talking to your dog or cat.

I talk to them sometimes. My bannerfish are very interactive fish, the sort that will follow you around the tank and get excited when you simply walk into the room. ;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14555481#post14555481 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mentat
All my fish have names and I talk to them whenever I'm feeding or cleaning tanks. IMO it's no different than talking to your dog or cat.
Cats? Maybe like talking to fish, or to a wall. But when I talk to my dogs, they respond. I quit talking to my fish when I quit drinking, about 25 years ago. What a coincidence!
I remember all the fuss about people talking to plants and claimed they grew better. Corals sure aren't much brighter than plants, maybe it would work on them too; then again, maybe some people are just off their meds.

I don't talk to my fish, but I do yell at them.
I have the dumbest puffer. If the food gets below or behind him, he swims face first into the glass biting at it. I find myself yelling. "it's right behind you idiot".

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14557974#post14557974 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MrTuskfish
...I remember all the fuss about people talking to plants and claimed they grew better. Corals sure aren't much brighter than plants, maybe it would work on them too; then again, maybe some people are just off their meds.

Plants, fish, corals... they do not understand language, however they do receive the vocal energy (positive or negative) that projects with our words. Research has proven it has effects on plant growth and IMO it also does same for our fish and other life.

One of my pet hybrid cichlids (KB Kamfa from Thailand) has bitten and crushed a 1 in. diameter gravel suction tube when cleaning tank, so he could tear me up really bad. That fish gets petted every day and body slaps my hand same as a puppy would. Only thing I can't do with my fish is take them out for walks. BTW I'm not crazy, don't drink, or take meds either; just love my fish.

The only fish i ever talk to is my clown... It would bite and attack me whenever I was in its general area. I would get so mad and swear at him. But besides I fall into the "no talking" boat.

i dont talk to my fish or name them i just enjoy them. the reason that plants seem to grow better when people talk to them is due to the c02 we release and they can directly absorb it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14558787#post14558787 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mentat
Plants, fish, corals... they do not understand language, however they do receive the vocal energy (positive or negative) that projects with our words. Research has proven it has effects on plant growth and IMO it also does same for our fish and other life.

One of my pet hybrid cichlids (KB Kamfa from Thailand) has bitten and crushed a 1 in. diameter gravel suction tube when cleaning tank, so he could tear me up really bad. That fish gets petted every day and body slaps my hand same as a puppy would. Only thing I can't do with my fish is take them out for walks. BTW I'm not crazy, don't drink, or take meds either; just love my fish.
I guess everyone in this part of the Country should go around shouting 'DIE" to all the kudzu; that should solve that problem. Should work on all other invasive species too; maybe even my neighbor's "perfect" lawn.

Oh, Mr. Tuskfish, don't be such a fuddy duddy. There is a level of "intent" associate with our words that works in the same way prayer does. Keep on talkin'. :p

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14563850#post14563850 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by small alien
Oh, Mr. Tuskfish, don't be such a fuddy duddy. There is a level of "intent" associate with our words that works in the same way prayer does. Keep on talkin'. :p
I'm not being a fuddy duddy; just tweaking a little, must have hit a very sensitive nerve.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14563850#post14563850 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by small alien
I just glanced at this earlier and responded in good humor. However, if you are serious about thinking you know how Prayer works; that really scares me. Also; if you are using this forum as a soapbox for that view, I would offended as well---if I found your comparison at all credible.

Back