amphipods bad for zoas?

sabazerehi

i have a mantis tank that has a nice population of amphipods, however, i'm worried about my zoas. i recently saw some amphipods crawling around them and the zoas were closed, but i never noticed them on the zoas before. i read that pods are bad for zoas but i thought that meant copepods. if they are bad how can i erradicate a whole tank of them since i can't have any fish in the tank that will eat them. thanks for any help

k sorry i just saw the post on amphipods and zoas. however, i don't think any of mine are actually eating any zoas, upon closer observation it just looked like the pods were fighting on the zoas. however, i would like to get rid of them if possible just in case in the future they start eating the zoas. since it's in a mantis tank though and i can't get a fish to eat them, is there anything else i can do or hope that there's enough food for the pods meaning they'll leave my zoas alone?

Not that I know of. I kept 1 large one before. Rather goes for snails, hermits, crabs or fish. even large ampipods to small for this guys.

Back