Anemone - 0, Powerhead - 1

Bmore88

So I wake up this morning to see the anemone released from the rock and got sucked into the powerhead. I should have seen this coming due to the powerheads close proximity to the anemone.

Can anyone tell me how to prevent this in the future.

The clownfish is so confused as to what happened.

You can put a egg crate thingy in front of the powerheads opening

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

So I wake up this morning to see the anemone released from the rock and got sucked into the powerhead. I should have seen this coming due to the powerheads close proximity to the anemone.

Can anyone tell me how to prevent this in the future.

The clownfish is so confused as to what happened.

I would strongly advise having an LFS test the water before adding another not normal "releasing"

My water Params are fine. I do my changes religiously.

However the powerhead is rated at 700gph and was about a 7" away from the Anemone. It wasnt blowing on it, rather sucking water to it. It got pulled in from the back side.

They sell a sponge cover, or you can buy these plastic crate that I got from a hobby store. This is on my vortech mp10. Cut it to the length and size you need to wrap around the wave maker. I cut the center off so it didnt restrict the flow.

picture.php

picture.php

You should take better care of your anemones. Healthy anemone do not release or climb up the wall to get to the PH. Read more about the anemone species you want to keep and provide optimal environment for him.
Unlike corals, anemones move when they are unhappy.
If you cannot do this then my advise is not keep anemone. Best of luck.

Cover up PH is unsightly and will not prevent anemone soup. Just make it less damaging and just a little, very slightly, harder.

you should take better care of your anemones. Healthy anemone do not release or climb up the wall to get to the ph. Read more about the anemone species you want to keep and provide optimal environment for him.
Unlike corals, anemones move when they are unhappy.
If you cannot do this then my advise is not keep anemone. Best of luck.
+1

Back