Anemone ID

bertcmg

Premium Member
I have had this anemone for about 5-6 years. I've never been sure of what type it is. Would appreciate input.

The Disc is about 14-15 inches. The foot is also massive.

Would appreciate input. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20210622_001602.jpg
    20210622_001602.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1
looks like a magnifica...but a bleached one ...what kind of lights u have it under ? surprised it lasted 5 yrs if it is a mag...

Have it under LED lights that works for others and corals. Seems healthy. Has grown about 30%-35% since I got it. I don't think it is bleached. It is opaque and has some faint coloring on parts of it.

Yea no doubt it is a magnifica.
It does look slightly bleached from the picture. It actually looks like it has pretty much zooxanthellae just not allot of the pigments.
I find mags photograph lighter than they really are for some reason. I am never able to get a good picture of mine.

Last edited:
Yea no doubt it is a magnifica.
It does look slightly bleached from the picture. It actually looks like it has pretty much zooxanthellae just not allot of the pigments.
I find mags photograph lighter than they really are for some reason. I am never able to get a good picture of mine.

Yes. It has more color than shows in the photo. It was almost all white when I got it (for very little) I didn't think it would survive as it had a protruding mouth as well but It has done well. My skunk clown took to it immediately. I like to think that regular feeding (salmon, prawn and scallop) and that obsessive clown turned it around.

Back