Any ideas how to raise your skimmer?

I just set my Eshopps R200 with an SRO 2000. I read that putting the SRO 2000 in 6" to 7" of water was optimal. So I created legs out of a thick 2" PVC pipe with egg crate from Home Depot as the platform. I cut the PVC to 4" plus the 1/4" egg crate put me at 4 1/4" high and since the water line is at 10 3/4" (the same height as the refugium bubble trap, it put my skimmer in 6 1/2" of water.

Within a few hours, I had some great skim. I am really impressed by the SRO 2000

I ended up using egg crate that I got from Sho Tank, and I created a letter H out of egg crate and zip ties, after that I put a top and bottom on the H. This raised my skimmer 1.75 inches which is perfect. My skimmer is alot more stable allready, and there is a very noticible noise difference.

Anyone ever use a paver or piece of cinderblock or brick?? Any cons? Need 3 inch raise and 2 bricks side my side would be perfect.... thoughts?

I used the PVC method for years. Just take a 3 inch or wider piece of PVC, have them cut it the right length at home Depot. If you want it to sink, glue some rock to it.

I just found a piece of Tupperware at Walmart to use as a base to raise my skimmer. I drilled a couple of holes in it to stop it from floating.

Anyone ever use a paver or piece of cinderblock or brick?? Any cons? Need 3 inch raise and 2 bricks side my side would be perfect.... thoughts?

I would be afraid of the cinderblock or bricks leaching something. I used eggcrate to make a stand for my skimmer.

Is there a reason a 6 year old thread was dragged up for this?

LOL

Well.. googled ways to raise skimmer and this thread came up. Read thread and not one person ever mentions using a brick, which I had in mind. So thought I'd ask in the thread that had the very topic I have a question about (old or not) instead of starting a new thread... seems logical to me.. am I doing it wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back