Any news on Kessil's A160WE ?

Any news update on the Kessil A160?

Any news update on the Kessil A160?

This is horrible. Kessil told us in its facebook page that the A160 will be out by October.
Its third week of November, yet no news whatsoever.
I hear they have been released in UK.
If you call or email Kessil they never bother to get back.
I called marinedepot and they said "may be end of November".
I also called saltwarteraquarium and the said "third week of November" they should have it in hand!
I delayed my light purchase because of this and now this...

If anyone has any info please share.

Kessil sent the first batch of 160's to a new UK distributor. We are suppose to get the next batch here in the US. No dates yet but Black Friday is the target date. Sorry for the delay, nothing we can do on our end. We can see scenarios where Kessil's keeps the 150 around due to the set spectrum, but we can also see it as becoming obsolete as now you can set your spectrum. My guess is the 150's will go the way of the A350 and A360 when the A360WE was released but only time will tell.

Got Mine

Got Mine

Just picked up my Kessil A160WE Tuna Blue!!!!! $240.00 from my lfs. Good Luck Everybody.

Just picked up my Kessil A160WE Tuna Blue!!!!! $240.00 from my lfs. Good Luck Everybody.

Is it more intense than the 150? I'm debating between this and the 360we; rather go with the cheaper model if it's good enough.

How is it?

I am debating on getting it but need to know if it is very very blue.

I am talking A150 20K Deep Ocean Blue Actinic.

I have seen the A350 and it gets as Blue as that A150.

I have seen the Original A360 and it on 100 Percent Blue and 0 Percent White looks more "Purple" like the A150 Ocean Blue 15K Model.

I have seen the newest A360 W-E and it at 100 Percent Blue looks "White" to me.

How would you describe the A160 at 100 Percent Blue and Zero Percent White?

Also, does it seem Brighter than the A150's?

If so is it a lot brighter or barely noticeable, etc.

I had my lfs call me as soon as he got them in, he's the first brick and mortar to receive the light as he is one of their preferred vendors/tester. He's featured on their website as a kessil advocate.

The A150's had not yet been discounted, but bulkreefsupply has got them 10% off right now.

I'd say the 160 seems a tad brighter than the 150, but not enough to really notice. I should have done a side by side comparison at the store.

Blue is def tuna blue, no purple hue.

The white is bright but does have a blue hue at 100% intensity.

Pic below is color cranked at 100% blue, lowest intensity.

Controllability with the Kessil controller is def the best part. Over all happy with the purchase:)

Attachments

• photo copy.jpg
    photo copy.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 0
White at low & high intensity.
pics from the iPhone don't do it justice.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo copy 2.jpg
    photo copy 2.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 0
Back