Any tips on keeping a hammer coral?

xxmindgamesxx

So yesterday a bought a frag of hammer corals with 3 heads on it. Brown tentacles and green heads. I really love this coral and i want to make sure it thrives for years to come.

I already did a good bit of research on this coral, but maybe there is something that you guys can tell me about, in regards of care, feeding, placement etc. ??

Btw it opened up withing an hour or so, is that a good sign?
7502c18c00b6cfca7293bddf4bcc9913.jpg
3635c6d0f79f00b837eddbce46f39d0d.jpg
ffd5e81d8af8fa7e62cd21a16c46b720.jpg
d63f719e202ff6a5b495061e0f0e253d.jpg
02b010a9c3fc78d1d634296d7ad63a61.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Btw there are like 5 tentacles that are thinner and way longer than all the others, are those what they call sweepers?

Easy corals to keep. They do have sweepers that can sting nearby corals. I use reef roids and they love it. You dont have to feed them. Keep water quality in good standing with nitrates under 20 and they will be happy

Easy corals to keep. They do have sweepers that can sting nearby corals. I use reef roids and they love it. You dont have to feed them. Keep water quality in good standing with nitrates under 20 and they will be happy
can i like use the tuny cubes of frozen small shrimp, mix it with some tank water and blow it at them?

I wouldnt bother. They are 100% photosynthetic and will get their nutrition from the water column and lights. Plus your clowns will eat it before they do

Everything from your corals to the pods in your tank to the coralline algae growing on the rocks affects your alkalinity. imo an alkalinity test kit is as important as lighting and a refractometer.
I dont have any pods in my tank

It means i have 9 LED bulbs,3 watts each.
6 are white and 3 are blue. I did turn off 3 white led and i dimmed the 4th white led though..

Sounds sketchy, good lights are important if you want to keep corals.

Back