anyone doing a 3 stage DI

Mines 6 stage as well, sediment, carbon, chlorimine, ro membrane, dual di resin. I'd like to add a second membrane to reduce waste water & prefilter use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I think OP is referring to brs testing of multi staging Different DI resins. I found video to be very informative. Seems we all might be trashing good money. I have dual stage DI with mixed bed. I will be adding one more stage of cation but keep my mixed bed on the following 2 chambers. I wonder how our hard water will perform. I will only be adding another stage to reduce how much I replace mixed bed and since I already have 5 pound bag.

I might do this maybe add another di canister to make 6 and run 2 of each type. If I have room to run another

I run 8 stages. yes this is all about saving a few bucks. Watch the vid I posted. I wonder how much DI resin I have waisted. I was just at Rogers "Thanks for all the goodies" and saw his 5 stages of DI. He does the moving of canisters as most of us do when the first one is spent. He waits for the first 2 to be spent before moving them. Cheap insurance in my opinion. Your going to use about the same amount with his set up as someone with a 2 stage but he doesnt have to do it as often.
I am going to add one and set it up just like the BRS vid. I dont mind being the test subject. Might even get 2 more so the last 2 are mixed beds.

So I ordered both of them. Now I just have to figure how I’m going to do it one cation and one anion and three mix bed? Or two cation and two anion and one mix bed. Or two and one end two mix bed?

I'd like to know a real life test...I watched that video but I thought they saI'd u get a different sort of reaction with the mixed bed then with separate ions...or did I misunderstand...either way I thought that the tds was still zero just more amonia in the Sigler ion stages.

Back