Sick Clown - Need Help

Spound

Hi my name is Seth, I am relatively new to the hobby and I am having an issue with a clown fish. I have a EVO 13.5 (nano tank) about 6 months old. I have a clown that is about 6 weeks old and the first 3-4 weeks it was fine, then stopped eating and has gotten lethargic.
I previously had the exact same issue with a storm clown 2 months ago and tried some treatments of Metroplex, which I thought had some positive effects, but in the end lost the storm. 4 days ago I tried a high dose treatment of Metroplex in a QT tank, hoping it would be enough to get anything in his gut, but hasnt seemed to work,.
Last night I moved him to QT with a small dose of Metroplex and I opted to keep him QT, because it is a pain in the ass to get him out of my main tank, not to mention it stresses him and the rest of the tank out. I also saw some stringy white poo for the first time today, it is in the video, but im assuming that is the stomach lining after not eating for so long. FYI, there is a healthy Storm Clown and Tail Spot Blenny in there now, So I am not sure if there is some parasite present and the other fish just have the right stuff in their gut to fight it. Not sure what to do at this point, dont want this guy to die as well.
Here is a quick vid.

Thanks so much!!!

Hi my name is Seth, I am relatively new to the hobby and I am having an issue with a clown fish. I have a EVO 13.5 (nano tank) about 6 months old. I have a clown that is about 6 weeks old and the first 3-4 weeks it was fine, then stopped eating and has gotten lethargic.
I previously had the exact same issue with a storm clown 2 months ago and tried some treatments of Metroplex, which I thought had some positive effects, but in the end lost the storm. 4 days ago I tried a high dose treatment of Metroplex in a QT tank, hoping it would be enough to get anything in his gut, but hasnt seemed to work,.
Last night I moved him to QT with a small dose of Metroplex and I opted to keep him QT, because it is a pain in the ass to get him out of my main tank, not to mention it stresses him and the rest of the tank out. I also saw some stringy white poo for the first time today, it is in the video, but im assuming that is the stomach lining after not eating for so long. FYI, there is a healthy Storm Clown and Tail Spot Blenny in there now, So I am not sure if there is some parasite present and the other fish just have the right stuff in their gut to fight it. Not sure what to do at this point, dont want this guy to die as well.
Here is a quick vid.

Thanks so much!!!
Hard to tell from this (short and not very close up) video. Clownfish have a rather thick mucous coating. Its composition and thickens is one of the ways it can cope with the stings of an anemone. Sometimes, stringy poop is a the extrusion of mucous.

Metroplex is only 70% metronidazole. Metronidazole's primary use has been for surface bacteria (including Brooklynella hostilis (Brook)), which I don't think is the current problem.

I would suggest administering an anthelmintic (deworming) medication such as Praziquantel in PraziPro – better than giving a FW dip because this is less stress. Used for the treatment of external and internal parasites, flukes, flatworms, and tapeworms. A ‘one then done’ treatment. Add it to water being exchanged. PraziPro is considered reef safe. The glycol solvent in Prazipro is a carbon source and bacterial growth scavenges oxygen when it is dosed. Use an airstone when you treat. You can treat this fish in the QT and it might be wise to treat the DT with it. Just follow directions on the medication.

As an aside, download then read, the Fish Nutrition document at your leisure. Help the fish by improving its immunity and ability to heal by adding supplements for an ill fish to its diet as recommended in the Fish Nutrition document. Click on that link, then download (and read) the document. Use especially Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucan found online, in health-food stores, and pharmacies. Directions for its use and quantity is provided in the link. Once the fish is well, no need to continue the Beta Glucan.

Have you ever seen any white dots, dust or splotches on any of the fish? Any white slime or mucous peeling away from the clownfish?

Back