Anyone ever use Nova Extreme T-5 Fixtures w/Lunar Lights? (Pics of what I have)

Dave12678

I am new to salt water tanks. I want to upgrade my lighting to get more corals. Here is what I have right now:

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0380-1.jpg

Here is what my tank looks like now:

feb2tank.jpg

IMG_0373_2.jpg

coral.jpg

Most of the things in the tank are mushrooms I don't know much about the lighting in there now except its 24". My only main problem is the tank is a corner tank. So finding a light fixture is going to be rough.
The price on the nova wasn't bad but I could spend a little more. Would this fixture work for what I have? Or should I go with another? If you guys have any suggestions please help me out :)

It will work. What type of corals are you looking to get in the future? I have a 48" T5HO 4 bulb 54w Nova Extreme fixture on my tank and I have a good amount of healthy sps. I also have clams on the sandbed. I would say that if you are going to stick with mostly soft corals the Nova should be more than enough light.

I really just want some different colors I do think ricordea are cool looking and zoanthids. I just want some more color. I am not to extreme but I can see myself getting there one day lol. My biggest problem is how could I mount it on a corner tank? And how loud is the fan? Thanks for the reply

It will be great for shrooms, rics and zoas. It comes with mounting legs but they are not going to help you on the corner tank. What about hanging it? The fan is pretty quiet. I really like the unit and for the price...

I used the Nova t-5 for my 55 g and switched to the TEk T-5. The Nova was good but the TeK-5 has individual bulb reflectors (Nova doesn't) and it puts out 300% more light per TEK but the TEK does not have moon lights.

i would stay away from the nova extreme it really isnt any better than pc

i would get the aquatinics or ati t5 fixture no upgrades later the tek is better than the nova but it is still the bottom of the good t5 units

GSMguy...What makes the aquatinics or ati t-5 better than the TeK? Do they come with the Icecap ballasts?

Thanks

Anyone know where to find a good price on the tek 5? Or a good online company I can trust, I looked around at my local fish store they have nothing =/

Back