anyone get this bulk head off ebay

I'd wait till the BH showed up and take it to the hardware store and match it up with a hole saw that fits the Bh. Unless your drilling glass, but still the same advice with the person with the glass hole saw.

Nice guy... but those bulkheads are junk. I ordered a few, and some of the lock nuts are loose enough to jump threads when you tighten them down. It appears that somebody is having these made overseas to really poor QC and specs and dumping them to compete with the better made stuff.

Maybe I just got a bad batch. FWIW the 3/4" seemed just fine.

Bean

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6481657#post6481657 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by aquaman2
but what size hole do i need for the 3/4"?

What part of wait and see didn't you understand??? They vary

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6481779#post6481779 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kbmdale
What part of wait and see didn't you understand??? They vary

WOW. Thatââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s kind of a jerky answer. Ummmââ"šÂ¬Ã‚¦Ã¢â"šÂ¬Ã‚¦..what part of I donââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t need to wait if someone ordered the exact same thing and knows the size hole i need, donââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t YOU understand.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6481366#post6481366 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ri
Great feedback - I almost bought a few myself.

ri

Are you refering to the eBay feedback for aquadeal? Let me clue you in on eBay feedback... it is meaningless. Without going into a lof of detail, only the worst of the worst (and small sellers with only a handfull of transactions) end up with anything below 95%-97%. The bay feeback system is designed to shelter scam artists. In addition most sellers don't leave negative feedback for fear of retaliation. What your negative going to do to the average of 10,000 transactions? What is their negative going to do to your average 20 transactions.

With regards to the bulkhead quality... order one or two and find out. They are cheap enough. I think you however find that they are very poor quality plastic with very poor quality tolerances and quality control. Most of the "halves" are not even glued together so that the threads align.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6483778#post6483778 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BeanAnimal
Most of the "halves" are not even glued together so that the threads align.

You gotta be kidding me. At least they were cheap. You think a bunch of teflon tape will help it keep from jumping the threads? Iam leak testing my plumbing now anyway, so it wont be a disaster if it doesn't work. But Bean, you obviously have used them, tell me what size hole!!!:)

will have to go look in the toolbox for the bit. That going out in the cold.... Check back after dinner, I will let you know what size hole I drilled.

to back up Bean, I just today , rec'd a set of pipe threading dies for cheap. They are waaaayyy below the quality i expected , even at the rock bottom price. Buyer beware, If it sounds too good, it may be

Bulkheads are something you definitely don't want to skimp on. I would go with Spears or Savko or other brand name and even schedule 80 to be safe. Its tough to drain a whole system due to a faulty bulkhead after a couple months of use

sch 80 is presure rated. not really necessary . it has no difference on the sea lcompared to any other product. The only thing u might gain is quality, because if u noticed, wong bros doesnt sell them

AZ, didnt mean to dis u, I think, on issue of bulkheads, dont skimp. Its like, saran wrap VS. cellophane wrap.

Back