Anyone have any Codium macro??

Lucky Lefty

Was wondering if anyone had some codium thy wanted to part with.
just got a sailfin tang and trying to find something he'll eat before he starves.
In the Toms River area. Thanks

I bought some and my tang refused to eat it. I second the Nori. Codium is a cool looking display algae but as far as edibility.. I dont know its that palatable for fish

I agree with the others. Codium is really not the eating kind. Any nori from any supermarket will do just fine as will seaweed sheets from the LFS's.

I have to disagree, I got a large bag from a guy on eBay. I put it in my display and the tangs chewed it down to the rock. My hippo tang especially

The reason I was looking for codium is because I just observed a sailfin tang at a lfs in a tank with tons of macro in it, there was a small amount of codium and the sailfin was chomping it down.
Yesterday the sailfin finally came around and started eating like a champ. He's finally taken to the omega one super veggie seaweed on the clip.
I did pick up some caulpera fern macro, but he didn't seem too interested that, amd he wants nothing to do with the Julian Sprung red seaweed.

Back