Anyone in here?

I got word that my roommate and a reefing friend are fighting a macro algae and bubble algae outbreak in my tank at home while I'm here in Brazil. BLARG!!

GFO in large reactor: check
Sifting sand: check
water changes doubling: check
Emerald crabs added: soon (uuugh)
Decreased photoperiod: check
Protein skimmer pump upgraded: check
Magnesium up to normal: check
Alk up to normal: working on it slowly
Calcium: not too bad

I was told that after even one hour, the skimmer was pulling out all sorts of muck.

I'm glad they're working on it. Last summer when I was out of town, I came back to a sea of macro-algae. That was super disheartening. I dried all those rocks, pulled off all that algae, kept them out of water for about 2 months, and still...the algae lived. Bleh.

I'm glad I've got a good reefing friend up there who will come check on my tank for me. The roommate wouldn't know what to do otherwise!

Edit: ps. I'm almost to 7000 useless posts!!

I got word that my roommate and a reefing friend are fighting a macro algae and bubble algae outbreak in my tank at home while I'm here in Brazil. BLARG!!

GFO in large reactor: check
Sifting sand: check
water changes doubling: check
Emerald crabs added: soon (uuugh)
Decreased photoperiod: check
Protein skimmer pump upgraded: check
Magnesium up to normal: check
Alk up to normal: working on it slowly
Calcium: not too bad

I was told that after even one hour, the skimmer was pulling out all sorts of muck.

I'm glad they're working on it. Last summer when I was out of town, I came back to a sea of macro-algae. That was super disheartening. I dried all those rocks, pulled off all that algae, kept them out of water for about 2 months, and still...the algae lived. Bleh.

I'm glad I've got a good reefing friend up there who will come check on my tank for me. The roommate wouldn't know what to do otherwise!

Edit: ps. I'm almost to 7000 useless posts!!

How's your in tank flow? Have they started vacuuming the gravel as discussed?

Back